vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody want to talk about geocaching???

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    What app are you using on you android?
    I don't have Android phone.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Work has certainly preped like crazy for the iPhone launch but because nationwide they've pushed out the overtime opportunities, the stress isnt as bad as everyone anticipated. It's nuts for sure, but not terrible. I really havent had the opportunity to look into whats in the app store for apple to see what options are out there besides the Groundspeak app. We can't even get our hands on a training device. I would assume that any app would have been mentioned on here at some point, but who knows. Once I get a chance to touch one and play for a few minutes, I'll check it out. There must be someone on here with an iphone regardles off carrier?
    Still debating whether to upgrade to iPhone or not. Other then a cell phone, my iPod Touch does everything the phone would do and what I would want it to do. That said.....kinda got my eye set on the iPad.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

After talking to people that have owned a iPhone and me being an owner of a droid, I would go with a droid. I have the new Samsung Memorize and my step son has the iPhone and he said my droid does things that his iPhone does not do. That is just my take on it.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Still debating whether to upgrade to iPhone or not. Other then a cell phone, my iPod Touch does everything the phone would do and what I would want it to do. That said.....kinda got my eye set on the iPad.
    upgrade to iPhone is an oxymoron
    if you want a tablet buy motorola xoom running on Android 3.0
    Moo

What I like about my droid is that I no longer have to type out my text messages. I just speak into my droid and then it translates it in to a text message and sends it. No mre trying to type a text while I am driving.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Do it! I have my old iPhone 3gs whic I use now as an iPod Touch around my house and I use the new iPhone4. The phone is slick and fast. It's great for logging caches or seeing newly published cache info on an FTF run or editing cache listings on location. The only thing I don't use it for Geocaching related is actually navigating to a cache.

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    upgrade to iPhone is an oxymoron
    if you want a tablet buy motorola xoom running on Android 3.0
    Maybe for a Slovak. Wouldn't an upgrade be for you as an example, moving from a phone made of two tin cans connected by a long string, to a Telegraph machine ?

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Work has certainly preped like crazy for the iPhone launch but because nationwide they've pushed out the overtime opportunities, the stress isnt as bad as everyone anticipated. It's nuts for sure, but not terrible. I really havent had the opportunity to look into whats in the app store for apple to see what options are out there besides the Groundspeak app. We can't even get our hands on a training device. I would assume that any app would have been mentioned on here at some point, but who knows. Once I get a chance to touch one and play for a few minutes, I'll check it out. There must be someone on here with an iphone regardles off carrier?
    A close friend of mine works at the Apple retail store in the Maine Mall and she worked a 14 hour day yesterday on the Apple store launch of the Verizon iPhones. She's doing the same thing today too! I'm actually meeting up with her for dinner on her lunch break tonight. It certainly is exciting. I know TeamHorwich went with the Verizon iPhone and is VERY happy. Me, I am an ATT Wireless man to the death...

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Do it! I have my old iPhone 3gs whic I use now as an iPod Touch around my house and I use the new iPhone4. The phone is slick and fast. It's great for logging caches or seeing newly published cache info on an FTF run or editing cache listings on location. The only thing I don't use it for Geocaching related is actually navigating to a cache.
    Are you familiar with any specific apps for caching, for the iPhone?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

There is an article in the latest (November-December) issue of FTF Geocacher mag about caching with the iPhone 4. According to the article Groundspeak has made some nice improvements to their app in terms of speed and accuracy. There is also a very nice article from our very own SurfsUpdiverdown (Dianne Farrington) about caching with her dogs.