vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetically speaking....

We met a gentleman called Silverfox and his dog while we were talking to Haffy. Very nice people they both are. We learned a lot from them. That was in 9/05 at a cache that is now archived,time does fly.

Yes, silverfox039 to be exact, and you met at the Shawmut Fishin Hole (Traditional) (GCQMPY) by Mapachi cache. He does not use his caching name on this site, he goes by the name of mgraves. He doesn't post much, but visited the site as recently as yesterday.

Any now back to your regularly scheduled hypothetical discussion.
    Last edited by brdad; 02-11-2011 at 11:42 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Picked up several of the signature items of Farmer and Wife and G. Be antisocial all you want. We will find you. There are game cameras you know.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

What I'm about to say may come across as obnoxious and very unlike me... but since we're being hypothetical it doesn't really matter

If, hypothetically, I was upsetting, annoying, irritating, etc. the people around me so much that Groundspeak got involved... I would wonder why.

If, hypothetically, it was a reviewer who had shown fairness (as far as I know) to every other cacher in the state except me... I would wonder why.

Then maybe I'd try to decide whether everyone around me is REALLY that bad, or if I am just a narcissistic fool.

Since we're being hypothetical, suppose I decided that it really is them and I'm practically perfect in every way. I would probably go find somewhere else to play. I hear http://www.openmainegeocachingforum.com/ is supposed to be the next big thing. When the site becomes outrageously popular I will have been vindicated.

That might not change whether or not my caches get posted. Logically (I'm not sure if I am very logical in this hypothetical situation, but suppose I am) I would follow my local reviewer's instructions and get Groundspeak involved.

If I decide that the local reviewer really is out to get me and has somehow gotten Goundspeak to participate in this egregious discrimination, I hear there are lots of other caching sites that may welcome me... http://www.terracaching.com/ http://www.opencaching.com/

That's just what I would do if, hypothetically, I felt the way you hypothetically feel.

Well Ekidokai we did go wild and took our picture twice with cache cameras. Not saying which ones but haven't seen either one posted. That might be a good thing. (oops, I am hijacking now. Sorry).

Default I Googled it.....

I searched Google images for farmer and wife and g and this is the first image, so that's the mental image I am using. You look like nice people.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	farmerwife&G.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	566  
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

That's probably a better image than the real thing so you should stick with it. Thanks for the laugh.

That is good.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Back on point

Have you communicated directly with Tom? He's published over 300 hundred something of your caches hasn't he? While I haven't been caching forever, I have been for 3 years and have never heard a single negative word about him in his capacity as our Maine Reviewer. That said, I'm not sure that "calling him out" here will get your cache published. Maybe he's not sure how the Chirp caches work? I don't know but count me as one that would give him the benefit of the doubt before suggesting he's got a bullseye on you. And his lack of a response on this site shouldn't mean he's ducking you IMHO. Hope you get this cache published...sounds like fun!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Post Thanks Dan....

for bringing this thread back on track.

I once had an idea for a challenge cache, it was back when geocaching.com was making a few rule changes. After receiving the reviewers response that he was not sure it could be published, he asked if he could make sure and get back to me. It took several weeks, of which I did not mind, as it was only a cache to be published, not a decision that was life changing. I never got the cache published and my great idea, at least to me, has long since been forgotten. I still cache and enjoy all of the time I spend looking for them.

Remember, " complaining without a solution is just whining " and there is no whining in geocaching, just finds and DNF's.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.