vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    I originally posted this in the Suggestion Box 2/10. It was moved to a private thread. I have asked to have it placed in a public spot so the issues raised can be addressed. It has not been. So, since I still do not know why it was deemed inappropriate I am reposting it.

If that is deemed inappropriate, please allow this to be discussed openly.

My original post.

" Posts disappearing Earlier today I noticed a post that made the assertion that the Board makes no decisions. This is simply not true.

I followed that post with a copy of the Board's announcement that it had determined that Chadd Roper was not eligible to serve on the Board and they were going to exclude his name from the list of candidates. Perhaps I am naive, but that seems like a decision to me.

My post was cordial, not profane or offensive in my opinion.

The post I respond to and my reply have been deleted. There has been no communication with me concerning the posting. I have not been advised why it was apparently deemed inappropriate.

I did not make a copy of the post in question as I had no expectation that it would provoke such a response. I have learned, and I will keep a copy of this. I request that this matter be reviewed.

My suggestion for the future is that when the moderators, board or whoever determine a post needs to be deleted that the poster be advised clearly why the action is being taken. This could avoid situations like this where I have no idea what was found so offensive that my post needed to be removed.

What a more appropriate response might have been was for the poster who asserted that the Board takes no actions to admit he was incorrect and clarify the record.

Ed"
    Now you know how I felt. I just changed my whole exchange so as to not offend anyone.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Who knew!

And silly me... I thought you were the "Southern Folk" now
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Keep in mind that the Advisory Board was not established to "run" the website. It was established to be the final arbiter on questions raised by the GCM.org members, such as selection of design for a GCM.org geocoin.
    Wow, I don't know where this came from. Do you know something different that I don't?
    Blazing Troll

Talking Oops.....

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Wow, I don't know where this came from. Do you know something different that I don't?
    Sheesh.....
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Not helpful, not pertinent, not current and not necessary. Didn't you throw a rock at me when I was in the fifth grade? C'mon John! Resist the temptation next time, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Now you know what it felt like to have your posts removed just like I and a couple of others felt when their posts were removed from the other website from Southern Maine and was given not an iota of notice as to why they were removed. Sound familiar? Just couldn't resist the opportunity to reciprocate for the treatment I was given by the southern folk.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Haffy, how big of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Now you know what it felt like to have your posts removed just like I and a couple of others felt when their posts were removed from the other website from Southern Maine and was given not an iota of notice as to why they were removed. Sound familiar? Just couldn't resist the opportunity to reciprocate for the treatment I was given by the southern folk.
    Haffy, for some reason you just can't resist bringing this old stuff up. I am not going to go there except to say that there were things done on both sides that probably should not have been done. Lets just say that there were posts deleted/modified on both sides along with the hacking of the other groups site by some very well known folks that frequent here.

The best thing to do is let the sleeping dogs be. Whether you know it or not, you just spoke volumes of just what kind of person you are. Vengefulness is not a good thing. If you want to talk about the past maybe we should start a new thread and have at it. I am sure there is enough stuff lingering around out there on hard drives and such that it could be most interesting especially in light of this conversation.

You really should not have said anything Haffy. How big of you!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

You're a good friend, John, but Dan & Dick are correct - Not the thread; not the time.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Question this post fits the thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    You're a good friend, John, but Dan & Dick are correct - Not the thread; not the time.
    so why not make the post...." disappear "
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    so why not make the post...." disappear "
    The way I read it, the current policy does not allow moderators strict control of posts being on topic unless the thread originator specifies. I do wish more threads would stay on topic, and wish more thread originators request it for threads of importance. I have had one member make such a request on one thread in a year.

§ Staying on topic can be difficult. If the originator of the thread would like for the thread to remain on topic, a message indicating this at the time the original post is made should be included in the statement. If the thread veers off topic beyond what the thread originator is comfortable with, that individual should make a post asking that the thread return to the topic. Moderators are available to assist as well and can be contacted by the thread originator.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

All of this is why I only come to this site once a month or so.

I'll be back sometime in March to see what's new.

Have fun Boys and girls ..... NO BITING OR KICKING!