vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went geocaching today....

Exclamation I went geocaching today....

I spent an hour or two finding a few caches along the rails to trails in Windham. The series of snowshoe caches was placed by law1646, and I enjoyed my time outdoors today. These caches were well thought out, and well placed. The containers were not all the same, and one of the finds very challenging. I thought of nothing this morning but finding the caches. I even met a few other cachers along the way, 2 from New Hampshire and the others from Maine. We had a good talk and off we went in our opposite directions.

If anyone is looking for me next weekend, I will be enjoying myself at Big G's in Winslow, hosted by WhereRwe and RULOST2 also from Maine, and a few of their close geocaching friends, from Maine and beyond. So if you are tired of the everyday grind, take some time, head to Winslow Maine next Saturday and join us for some laughs, the best deli food in Maine, and some great geocaching stories.

I feel better already........
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I also spent the day snowshoe caching with a great new caching team from Palermo and I can not wait for my Big G's sandwich. Nice to see cachers that you have not seen for a couple of weeks.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

We went snowshoe caching at the Purington Preserve in Bowdoin today. We took turns breaking the trail so we're all exhausted, but we had a blast.

I got out yesterday while visiting in Maryland and managed to find 54. It was a nice day but the wind made it chilly. We struggled a bit with the 5 inches of old snow. Oh for the good old days of caching and snowshoes!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I obviously need to get in to the winter geocaching mode.....I did go caching two weeks ago (but it as 100F and in Australia)

I once went looking for caches in VT this time of year - with no success at all

Quote Originally Posted by geoaware View Post
    I obviously need to get in to the winter geocaching mode.....I did go caching two weeks ago (but it as 100F and in Australia)

I once went looking for caches in VT this time of year - with no success at all
    ths does NOT count as WINTER caching ! I bet it was fun though EH.

We went to the breakfast event this morning, that's the only smiley for us, but it was a good time. We should make the WWWWWWWedding as well!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Cool Snowshoeing the Rails along the Presumpscot

This is where I went caching last weekend and plan to finish the series next weekend.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...0-20e52c8505b2

This was one of the well placed and as some would put it, " evil " hides. After making the find, ( about 20 minutes of hard looking ) I have noticed that others after me have not been so lucky.

So here is my question..... after making a hard find, that has more DNF's than finds. Do you relish in the fact that you found it and others have not? I am watching the cache to see who will be the next cacher to find it. Can you now guess my answer?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Sick, really really sick! That is finding a tough one and then smiling all the while others are posting their DNF's. I think you need help!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I also take joy in finding a tough cache and watching others DNF it. Maybe it is wrong but I can't deny that I find it fun.