vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Good catch Bruce. The mojitos got to me and spell check doesn't work for Spanish. It was Ropa Vieja, a shredded beef specialty of the restaurtant. Nice here, headed out for a power walk then I see a lounge chair at the pool and a good book in my future! And the GPS shows 4 caches within a half mile. The descriptions are in Spanish. Is there a way to translate them to English at geocaching.com?
    there is a bar on the top that says This page is in Spanish would you like to translate it? Click Translate
    Moo

Last night we had rainbow trout crusted with honey Dijon walnut stuff (it started out as http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-D...on/Detail.aspx with trout instead of salmon, but then I realized I had almost none of the ingredients on hand so I just started throwing random stuff on it), mashed potatoes and green beans.

Tonight... spicy chicken and green beans stir fry with brown rice.

Arrow lump charcoal?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! (But that's another thread...)

I'm glad you mentioned "lump charcoal", though. Too many people use charcoal briquettes, which are 90% coal. Real wood charcoal is the only way to go. I've often wished there was an easy way to make your own charcoal. As matter of fact, here's a site that offers real wood, chips and pellets for REAL smoky flavor. I bought a "sampler" from them a few years ago that included a pound of pellets from each of 5 different woods. They work great in a smoker box on the gas grill, as well as the charcoal grill.
    I get mine at the local Home Depot. They carry it year round at most stores.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Hold on now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I get mine at the local Home Depot. They carry it year round at most stores.
    This would appear to be a shameless plug for his place of employment!!

And Lowe's carries Cowboy Lump charcoal as well! There you go Kev!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    This would appear to be a shameless plug for his place of employment!!

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

One of these days I've got to try cooking something in my woodstove . . . the woodstove forum that I belong to has pics of folks that have cooked up pizza, casseroles, meat pies and a whole bunch of other food that looks very tasty . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Between a Rock and a Hard Place...

RULost2? and I always decide the evening prior what the menu will be for supper the next day. Last night we decided on Charbonades de Boef a la Flamand. (Sheesh! I lived in Belgium for 7 years - the cuisine rubbed off on me...).

Problem is, the recipe requires "1 12-oz bottle dark beer". I just drank a Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial Pale Ale, and realized that it would be just perfect for the dish. This is such a great ale, and costs nearly $3 a bottle, I'm torn between my love of good food and my love of good beer. What a conundrum (no Hiram - that's not what you've got in that foil package in your wallet...)!

Well. I think I'll go for it, and report back tomorrow as to whether or not it was worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    This is such a great ale, and costs nearly $3 a bottle, I'm torn between my love of good food and my love of good beer. What a conundrum (no Hiram - that's not what you've got in that foil package in your wallet...)!
    That's funny right there!
    (BTW, I think you are thinking of a condominium)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    That's funny right there!
    (BTW, I think you are thinking of a condominium)
    Sheesh! No! A conundrum in this case is deciding whether to use this GREAT beer in a supper recipe, or to drink it. If you don't know the difference between a condom and a condominium, you need to talk to Hiram! LOL!

Default Sheesh, now I'M hungry

Sitting home alone trying to think what I want to eat.....
    Happy Trails!