vb:literal>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by msteelee View Post
    Lemon pepper chicken with rice and veggies - YUM.
    Basmati rice? I was always a fan of "Uncle Ben" until someone suggested Basmati rice to me. Now we have it regularly - Jasmine rice, too.

Matter of fact, it's pork stir-fry on Basmati rice for us tonight.

Taught a one-on-one CPR class last night so I got home later than normal . . . grabbed a couple Subway sandwiches for the wife and I -- meatball for me, BMT for her.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Not sure about Jasmine

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Basmati rice? I was always a fan of "Uncle Ben" until someone suggested Basmati rice to me. Now we have it regularly - Jasmine rice, too.

Matter of fact, it's pork stir-fry on Basmati rice for us tonight.
    The only rice allowed in the house here seems to be Basmati. It's all Pam cooks with.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    The only rice allowed in the house here seems to be Basmati. It's all Pam cooks with.
    Try Jasmine rice sometime. It's very flavorful, like Basmati, but different. A nice change.

Had a favorite last night. Pepperoni and jalapeno pizza from Tri-City in Bangor.

Is there anyone out there who is interested in Turkish food? RULost2? and I lived in Turkey for 3 1/2 years and loved the food. We recently went on a trip to Connecticut and found this FANTASTIC* Turkish restaurant in Waterbury. We liked it so much we went back to Connecticut this week. LOL. If you happen to be in central Connecticut in the future, try "Sultan's Turkish Restaurant". It's as good an experience as you'll find in any restaurant in Turkey. We had a good conversation with the waiter(owner?), who came from Adana (eastern) Turkey. (Sudonim may have been to Adana since there's an American airbase there). They have an open kitchen, and you can listen to the staff chattering back and forth in Turkish They even have a big-screen TV tuned to a Turkish station. Try anything on the menu - there's nothing "strange" about Turkish food.

(Oh - and for tonight - RULost2? and I are trying out our new gas grill with nice sirloin steaks! LOL!)

I have never had turkish cusine.. what would you suggest if we ever get down that way?

Their menu looks great!~
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    I have never had turkish cusine.. what would you suggest if we ever get down that way?

Their menu looks great!~
    RULost2? had "Iskender kebab", which is doner kebab (in Greece they call it gyro) meat on lightly grilled pita bread, with a tomato sauce on top. This was one of our favorites in Turkey. We both had this on our last visit, and it was a little lacking... The meat was overdone (doner kebab is on a vertical spit - cooking and turning constantly. It's up to the cook to adjust the spit to keep it from overcooking), and the grilled pita bread was a little overdone. This time it was excellent - the meat cooked perfectly and the pita grilled but soft.

I had the Adana kebab, which is a spicy ground lamb. cooked on a skewer, and served with rice pilav.

Both dished were excellent!

We also had a "Choban" salad, which is a chopped tomato, cucumber, parsley and red onion salad, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice - typical of Turkish salads.