vb:literal>

Thread: GPS might go buggy?

Default GPS might go buggy?

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Earlier this week I noticed my Nuvi kept showing me on streets parallel to the one I was actually on... I assumed it meant my GPS was going nuts, but it only lasted a day and has been fine since. It was not yesterday, though, like the article said it would be. It was like Monday or Tuesday, so probably not related!

I also noticed the radio stations in my car changing themselves some morning this week. Maybe Tuesday? I don't know. They all blur together. I'm not sure if it was the same day as my GPS troubles, LOL.

Maybe something is haunting my car? Ekidokai? Help?

Out caching today and everything was 35 to 40 feet off. Of course now maybe it was me that was off and the gps was on? Who knows?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

there was a HUGE solar event, classified as a "class X solar flare" on the 15th. Played lots of havoc with the satellites.

driving in boston today I took the short cut through the middle of the harbor acording to my GPS. I did not like comeing up I-93 any way. It lasted about 30 minutes then corrected to the proper location, but that aprox mile to the east was goofy.

I always clear my tracks when I start a caching trek(nice to know how many miles you've hiked that day) I have noticed sometimes if I look at my tracking map it looks like a star-burst, sometimes over water too) where I know I had been going down the path in a straight line.
    Of course there are times I jump all over the area just looking for a cache too