vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FTF or nothing???

I go at it all year long. My best month usually is February but that is because we take a weeks vacation and head to Maryland (thats where I am right now) and usually the weather is a bit easier there than home or Maine. I have logged 189 caches since the first of the year and that I think is a bit below normal for me but then again I am getting a bit older.

FTF's? I still do them and still enjoy the thrill of being the first person there to find the cache just the way the owner intended it to be.

Cache on!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    FTF's? I still do them and still enjoy the thrill of being the first person there to find the cache just the way the owner intended it to be.!
    Hmm, so if someone is second to find it's not the way the owner intended it to be? They end up in the wrong spot or hidden the wrong way that quickly? What're you doing to these new caches?

Just kidding with you, but that is perhaps one of the better reasons to be FTF. I am constantly amazed how far my Old 470 cache moves between finds, it has even been left on the wrong side of the train.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Winter caching

We've done less this winter then in year's past due to the sheer amount of snow. We've dug out GRC's and others but enough already!

It might help if more cache placers add the winter friendly attribute, or any attributes for that matter.

I did have one good run in January (200 in one day) but not many since. Stay tuned as we take our caching south tomorrow and I have caches loaded!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default FTF Frenzy

I too have been slacking lately. I'm also experiencing the worst case of cabin fever in a few years and cannot wait until this snow is gone!

I've only found 4 or 5 FTF's. My first one was awesome (Thanks Mapachi). I remember getting the notification, running down the hallway to load the gps, maybe going slightly over the limit to get to Belgrade and being the first. That was fun. I have lost two FTF's as I've pulled up and seen other cachers signing the log before me. It's a really fun aspect of the game, but I'll go find the cache anyway.

April is only 6 weeks away!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

We enjoy FTF as much as anyone else but it is not that important. The main reason we don't do much in winter is that we don't care for it as much on the days that the foot prints lead right to the cache. Now that I read what I just wrote it sounds like a bad excuse because there probably are many caches where this is not a problem. Kind of sounds like we are just getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I haven't actively rushed for an FTF for a long while.
    Get out of his way if he is rushing for a popsicle or popcorn though!!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by farmer and wife and "G" View Post
    We enjoy FTF as much as anyone else but it is not that important. The main reason we don't do much in winter is that we don't care for it as much on the days that the foot prints lead right to the cache. Now that I read what I just wrote it sounds like a bad excuse because there probably are many caches where this is not a problem. Kind of sounds like we are just getting old.
    Sometimes the footprints lead you somewhere, but not the cache! If I get a cache in the snow, I try to mess up the tracks with some decoys too.
    And if I had a DNF, then my tracks aren't going to help you a bit!

Default Umm

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Get out of his way if he is rushing for a popsicle or popcorn though!!
    I see you've met BRDAD!!!!

The FTF craze has not worn off yet, but I don't have many FTF's YET.
    For
    me the snow is not an issue, since I have my pink "Barbie" snowshoes to run around on, but as brdad has said "Sometimes life gets in the way of caching." and that's the way it is for me right now and gas costs are SO prohibitive.

I hate caching in the snow. I just find it so unfun. (Is that a word?) The amount of light in the day makes a difference for me as well, since I work 8-5 all week. Plus whether the kids have sports stuff going on or not. Its just less busy like that in the summer plus the 15 hrs of daylight helps! I haven't found a cache since November, I think. We should be finding some in April as we are heading to Vegas and Grand Canyon. I am so excited!