vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Board Member Election Results

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Be nice... I probably outranked you! LOL!
    and you are definitely his elder

Default There's rank and then there's RANK.

Be nice... I probably outranked you! LOL!
    Were you a member of the world's finest?

Thumbs up Bingo......!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    The "cheap shots" would be fine if they were just cheap shots. What most of the people here find difficult to accept are the accusations levied against the Maine Publisher and the comments that go even further beyond the pale than the "hanging chads" comments. Granted, that comment was beyond the pale as well considering the context in which it was made and considering the fact that Chad seems to feel like people here on the forum are out to get him. We all need to just stop with the comments that are inflammatory and be adults. This is a family hobby and the forum may be frequented by some of our friend's kids.

Chadd needs to stop and consider what he's saying. But, you know what, we all need to stop and consider what we're saying. We all need to keep in mind that this forum is not connected to geocaching.com. It meshes with gc.com very well, but it's not really a part of that website. If anyone feels that another user's post is offensive, pouncing on them in the public forum really doesn't solve anything. If you're offended, the absolute best thing you can do is either post in the board area and let that process take it's course or just place the person you are offended by on ignore. Demanding that someone conform to your way of thinking usually doesn't work well. If what they say truly offends you, ignore them and move on.

With all that said, can't we just let this controversy die down and everyone move on to getting ready to go out and have a ton of fun finding caches?
    We have a winner!

Thank you Kev.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Were you a member of the world's finest?
    RULost2? and I are BOTH retired US Army. 'Nuff said...

Default Pretty decent outfit......

RULost2? and I are BOTH retired US Army. 'Nuff said...
    Did you see the video circulating around facebook about the 86 year old veteran sniper?

If there are 15 posts in a row that have nothing to do with the original topic, is it time to close the thread?

The election is over, the new board is showing plenty of positive activity, the outgoing board members are boxing up their office supplies and will be on their own in a few days. It is time to move on.

Karen, Andy...... okay, even Mike, it's been nice serving with you on the board. See you on the trail!
    Last edited by brdad; 03-07-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default My last Response.....

The "cheap shots" would be fine if they were just cheap shots. What most of the people here find difficult to accept are the accusations levied against the Maine Publisher and the comments that go even further beyond the pale than the "hanging chads" comments. Granted, that comment was beyond the pale as well considering the context in which it was made and considering the fact that Chad seems to feel like people here on the forum are out to get him. We all need to just stop with the comments that are inflammatory and be adults. This is a family hobby and the forum may be frequented by some of our friend's kids.

Chadd needs to stop and consider what he's saying. But, you know what, we all need to stop and consider what we're saying. We all need to keep in mind that this forum is not connected to geocaching.com. It meshes with gc.com very well, but it's not really a part of that website. If anyone feels that another user's post is offensive, pouncing on them in the public forum really doesn't solve anything. If you're offended, the absolute best thing you can do is either post in the board area and let that process take it's course or just place the person you are offended by on ignore. Demanding that someone conform to your way of thinking usually doesn't work well. If what they say truly offends you, ignore them and move on.

With all that said, can't we just let this controversy die down and everyone move on to getting ready to go out and have a ton of fun finding caches?
    I know its hard for some to not respond to things they dont agree with, Like my response to whats going on, but by doing so it just adds fuel to the fire. When accusations are made at a certain individual, let that person respond to it if they want to.
    I agree with you with the exception that it is not just Chadd, but everyone needs to stop and consider what they are saying. People need to take the high road and respect everyone in this community

With that said I would like to hear more stories about caching, exciting places, great finds, or if you want to talk about other cachers tell me how they have made your caching experience better.

Looking for the "like" button on this one.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    If there are 15 posts in a row that have nothing to do with the original topic, is it time to close the thread?
    Sheesh! No! People are conversing, which is good. I've always held the believe that there is nothing wrong with a diverging thread, as long as it does not detract from the original purpose of the thread - in this case, a discussion of the Advisory Board results - which I believe has been pretty well covered.

Sheesh! No! People are conversing, which is good. I've always held the believe that there is nothing wrong with a diverging thread, as long as it does not detract from the original purpose of the thread - in this case, a discussion of the Advisory Board results - which I believe has been pretty well covered.

I disagree when it happens in threads of site value. This was an announcement from the board regarding the elections. Perhaps more would have commented on the original topic if they didn't fear interrupting the current alternative conversations.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."