vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2011 Board Member Election Results

Default Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    What a bunch of hypocrites. Everbody gets upset when chadd takes "cheap shots". Then they turn around and do the same thing to him. Practice what you preach and keep the negitive thoughts to yourself even if it is just a joke.
    John, you hit that right on the head. That is part of what inflames Chadd about this site. Early on he was jumped on for comments that he saw others making often.

I agree that not all his comments were proper and he tended to get vulgar, but the hypocrisy you noted is what really set him off.

So going forward, perhaps the inside cliquish banter could be minimized and the threads could remain more focused. BRDAD has tried to address this is a recent comment, but he was slapped down by one of the chatterboxes.

I noticed years ago that whenever someone from the "outside" tried to comment on a thread it acted a thread killer. After a while you learn that it simply is not worth sorting through the banter looking for something of value.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    So going forward, perhaps the inside cliquish banter could be minimized and the threads could remain more focused. BRDAD has tried to address this is a recent comment, but he was slapped down by one of the chatterboxes.
    And this comment is "on-topic" in what way?

But disagreeing with a comment is hardly a "slap-down". And if being an active participant in discussions on GCM.org is being a "chatterbox", I accept that mantra proudly. In fact, I retire my title of "Curmudgeon".

Been away for a couple of days and when I read all this stuff my first response is an apology for my comment. It was not intended as a put down or derogatory, but merely an off hand way of saying that as one who tallied the votes I did not observe any in-discrepancy in the voting. I guess I could have done better with that instead of trying to be funny.

Actually Chadd and I seem to get along just fine. Oh we have had a rough spot or two, but nothing to severe. I count him as a geo-friend just like each of the folks here.

Now, I do not always agree with everyone (that's news right?) but for the greater part I can get along with just about everyone.

So, I hope this storm passes and that we can move on.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Default Moving forward....

The new board has been actively discussing a lot of issues and plans to make this site a better place for geocaching commentary. Not a negative word has been spoken about ANY cachers....imagine that! Perhaps those that chime in here can follow our lead and try to keep personal attacks and comments to a minimum?

Don't be shy about ideas you have or places you'd like this org. to go. We'll listen, I promise.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default So....

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    The new board has been actively discussing a lot of issues and plans to make this site a better place for geocaching commentary. Not a negative word has been spoken about ANY cachers....imagine that! Perhaps those that chime in here can follow our lead and try to keep personal attacks and comments to a minimum?

Don't be shy about ideas you have or places you'd like this org. to go. We'll listen, I promise.
    So, you're saying I shouldn't post the picture I put on Dave's FB page?

Haven't been around much lately but just wanted to say congrats to all the new board members. As one of the 1st original board members I can say that you guys have a great task at hand and hope that you can do GCMaine justice in representing all of Maine in this great activity we call Geocaching.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thanks for all who participated in this year's Advisory board elections.

All comments are a collaborative effort of the board members.