vb:literal>

Thread: I would rather see it muggled than destroyed

d’76 Guest

Angry I would rather see it muggled than destroyed

Mainiac and I where caching this evenning and found our way to some very nice caches when we came upon Stone House Blues. What a great spot. the view was amazing and the cache was rather creative. I found with no trouble at all. Now I have some bitching to do. This is for the so called cacher who left to log saying what a great place to come and burn one. I also suspect that the same person also left the piece chewed bubble gum, the cigerettes and the half eaten skittles. I hope that this individual is someone that I don't know. That person is an embarrassment to the Geocaching community. As for the log it would have been better left unsigned than to trash it up with that. If the person was not an active cacher than the owner of the GPS was more than likely the cacher and should have known better than to let this happen.

I encourage disscussion on this. I wish the offender could be banished from such a close knit group of friends and from the face of the planet to burn a firey, painful, slow death!!!!!!!!!!.

Dave1976

I know it is hard to understand the way juveniles act sometimes isn't it. It was probably some muggles who came upon it accidently and just tried to be funny. We had a few of our caches down here in the Augusta and Belgrade area last year that were destroyed and the TBs removed by a bunch of juvies who had nothing better to do than piss on and burn the caches. They were known as the ATeam and some of the older members here know what we went through with that. I think the best thing to do is just try to ignor them and maybe they will go away. Kind of spoils it for the rest of us doesn't it? I put my cache back and it has been fine since along with a couple of others that were destroyed and they havent been disturbed since then either. Hopefully they have moved on to more grownup things.
    Last edited by Haffy; 06-22-2005 at 09:52 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I just read the cache page for this one and it seems like muggles frequent the area. Is it possible it was found by a non-cacher and left in that state as some sort of dumb joke? I've seem 3-4 logs by non-cachers in my travels, but all have been respectful. One even went so far as to repackage the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    I just read the cache page for this one and it seems like muggles frequent the area. Is it possible it was found by a non-cacher and left in that state as some sort of dumb joke? I've seem 3-4 logs by non-cachers in my travels, but all have been respectful. One even went so far as to repackage the cache.
    I've seen several log entries by geomuggles - most by kids who were looking for an isolated place to smoke some weed or have a roll with their girlfriends in the woods (why are the muggle entries ALWAYS made by males? LOL!).

Best to deal with it and move on...

It's a shame that one travels into the tranquility of the woods for peace and quiet and feel they even need to smoke a "fatty" or get drunk I can't fathom the logic unless one thinks they will transcend (or rather descend) to the level of the insects.

In my experiences I have found that the biggest, most obnoxious and bragging of rebels is usually the one who is actually the most conservative, law abiding person of a given group. Of course, if they would come out of the closet they would find that they are surrounded by alot of us.

"It's the quiet ones you have to worry about."

I understand that we live in a free country but like my mother always said, " if you don't have something nice or good to say, keep your comments to yourself." My take on the cliche', if you want to smoke dope, get drunk or frolic in the poison ivy, keep it to yourself. No one cares or should have to hear about it.

I am more madden by the inconsiderate ass who dumps his trash or vandalizes someone else's property.

d’76 Guest

I suppose that I may have over reacted a smig, but people that can't respect what they find in the woods are also the ones that won't respect anything that isn't theirs. These people will be the reason that their is yet another nice spot in this state posted private property.

I hope I wasn't to rash for some.

Dave

It is too bad when caches get muggled. Careful placement by the cache owner can reduce it being found sometimes - an easy multi is sometimes the answer.

Our experience sometimes has been that a non-cacher will sign the log and actually take something from the cache and put something in exchange in the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    It's a shame that one travels into the tranquility of the woods for peace and quiet and feel they even need to smoke a "fatty" or get drunk I can't fathom the logic unless one thinks they will transcend (or rather descend) to the level of the insects.
    Actually I think people like that are so low on the evolutionary scale that they would have to ASCEND to the level of insects- just a professional opinion.

Thanks Trezurs*-R-*Fun for moving my Football Travel Bug. I've had terrible luck with travel bugs and this is my only one (other than my personal TB) that's been successfully moved and logged.

Hope y'all are doing well up there in Maine.

I have had very mixed results with caches getting muggled. My Massabesic cache has been found at least 4 times by muggles and all of those left a complimentary note in the log, and some exchanged items. On the other hand, my Casco Bay cache disappeared three times before I gave up on the spot. I blame the disappearance of the caches partly on geocachers who didn't rehide the cache properly and/or were not discreet in the presence of the muggles who ultimately removed the cache. I don't mind replacing a cache, but it frustrates me to have lost the opportunity to read the log book.

As how they signed the log doesn't bother me as much as the trash they left behind.

My Side Thought
    Isn't it funny as we get older the "Teens" scare us or make us uneasy and we forget that we were "Teens" and could of easily been the one doing the same thing trying to be cool around friends. Since we have become older and wiser we try to leave those skeletons in the closet just like our parent did and their parents did. One day when they grow, become wiser and look diffently towards the "Teens".

Question to all who think this person below insect waste. When you were a teen you never ever tresspassed to go party in the pits or quarries or even a swimming hole. If you did, did you always picked up after yourself?

Don't get me wrong I would be a hypocrite to say that I don't say the same thing when I come across something like that in a log book. I just try to keep an open mind on things.
    Last edited by Sinster; 06-29-2005 at 02:35 PM.