vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know you...

Default Getting to know you...

I found this on someones geocaching blog and even know is more of a facebook type thing, couldnt hurt to bring it here and get to know some people a little better in this slow caching weather...

1. What is your name?
    2. What is your GC name?
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use?
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr?

5. What is your best memory of geocaching?
    6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache?

7. What is the hardest cache you ever found?
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day?
    9. How did you get started in geocaching?
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching?

11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail?
    12. What is your favorite earthcache?
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?)
    14. Who do you usually geocache with?
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? 16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items?

18. Is it all about the numbers for you?
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching?
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

1. What is your name? Corey Masterson

2. What is your GC name? Masterson of the Universe

3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Garmin 60csx

4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? Expandable Memory, Color screen, Adding all my found caches as Points of Interest for later finding with newer cachers.

5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Doing Eagle Eye Stash as number 500 and having a good group of cachers there to share it.

6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? This would be the 2001 Ft. Mclarey cache. Yes, every one of my finds is in Maine at this time.

7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? GC1FXB6 Bingham Overlook. I parked at the bottom of the hill and climbed straight up. There my have been an easier way but i couldnt find it.

8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 124 on the Stud Mill Road on July 3rd 2009.

9. How did you get started in geocaching? I heard about it from Wendy (Drwhogrl) in 2005, bought a GPS, tried it and got hooked.

10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? While doing the Stud Mill Road series, missing loading a whole road of caches which would have made it a 140+ day.

11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? Ive not been lucky enough to see much beyond deer, eagles, an owl, and a porccupine.

12. What is your favorite earthcache?I have only done 3 or 4 of them but I guess the favorite would be the Roadcut cache at the Penoboscot Bridge.

13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) I cache the most during the summer. I prefer a nice warm evening to a freezing cold or rainy day.

14. Who do you usually geocache with? Most often its with Wendy but I cache alone more with people.

15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? No I haven't and don't plan on it anytime soon.

16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? I believe its only 4. This summer that will change a bit I hope.

17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? I hate it when my trackables don't get moved along or disappear. They are out there to move, not end up in someones collection.

18. Is it all about the numbers for you? Numbers are fun but I see it as a number of memories and places I've been, not just a number of logs signed.

19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? More than anything, ive had a refresher course on math due to some of the puzzles around. Other than that, some basic GSAK knowledge and that there are more little trail systems around than you might ever know about without the hobby.

20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? Probably the most interesting coin(s) is Barry's 5 piece coin set in the form of puzzle pieces.

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

1. What is your name? Jason
    2. What is your GC name? Fins_Up
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Delorme PN-40
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? Waypoint averaging

5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Caching with Shuman and his brother on Bear Mountain series.
    Florida 1295.75 Miles
    7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? Hard to say. Probably one of Mapachi's caches.
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 50
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? I read about it and knew it was something I wanted to try. Once I tried it I was hooked.
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? Too many to remember. Usually related to skimming the cache description.

11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? I have only seen a few. Turkeys are fun to jump up in the early morning. They make quite a lot of noise when the fly up in the trees.
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? I have only found 1. Metamorphism at Marshall Shore (GC17JE2)
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?)
    Sunday is my busiest day and I cache all year around.
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? Usually with my 2 sons. I have cached with Shuman a bit and gone on a couple of night caches with a fun group.
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? No. The only exception would be one I logged and then later adopted.
    16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 75 and that was both tough and fun.
    17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items?
    I have collected a few. I think it is another aspect of the game.
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? No, but I enjoy that part of it too.
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? I have learned more about what to take in the woods with me.
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? I really enjoyed the display at Delorme. There are so many cool coins there.

Good one Corey....

1. What is your name? Paul
    2. What is your GC name? pm28570
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Garmin Map 60
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr?
    It's green.
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Leon's Bench cache
    Eilat, Israel...'bout 7000 + miles
    7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? EMSDanel's Directory Assistance. It was my 100th and without much experience, I made it much harder then need-be.
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 17
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? A friend in Russia asked that I purchase a GPSr for him. Got looking at it and found GC.com on a search
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching?
    Missing the easy ones
    11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? Ekidokai
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? Eskers
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) Spring, summer, fall
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? Alone
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? No and no.
    16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 7
    Shoot them. Then ask questions
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? No
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? There's some really weird people around.....
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered?
    When pigs fly.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

1. What is your name? Dave
    2. What is your GC name? Brdad
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Old Yeller
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? GOTO!
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Meeting people at events
    6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? 2504.53 Miles, Who's Landing? GCJBT4
    7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? Hard to say. Etna Bog in 4 feet of snow.
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 30 on 4/22/2007
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? Looking for GPS track and waypoint files for ATVing.
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? Looking for a container when the cache was a virtual.
    11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? Scared the crap out of a moose from 10 feet away. Bear, deer, turkey, foxes, Ekidokai.
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? Newspaper Rock Desert Varnish (GCZCNM)
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) Summer Mornings!
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? Wifey - Msteelee
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? No. The only exception would be one I logged and then later adopted.
    16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 8
    17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? It's stealing!
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? No, it's about MY numbers. And not necessarily higher numbers, it's about quality numbers.
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? There are just too may #@*&^%!#$ film cans readily available in this world.
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? Cindy The CinderBlock (TB6C95)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

1. What is your name? Michal
    2. What is your GC name? Cano
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? SmartPhone HTC HD (Black100)
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? Openness
    , ability to install and customize everything.
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Meh
    6338.36 km, Liptov Skanzen v Pribyline GC1FX4F
    7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? Meh
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 100
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? I knew about geocaching from the very beginning, but it took me 5 years to gather all necessary resources to start caching.
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? Meh

11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? A horse, Snapping turtles, Dolphins, Sting Rays.
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? Qualibou caldera - Drive-in volcano (ü99)
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) When it's not freezing or very hot or damp or mosquitoes. I don't geocache much.
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? Alone
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? Yes, Absolutely!
    16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 10
    Meh
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? When I had 7 finds after 3 years of caching and met people with thousands on my first event I realized I might be doing something wrong and started power caching. Now when I reached 1000 I returned back to one cache per year pace.
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? I learned a lot of course, but it has nothing to do with geocaching.
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? Meh
    21. In how many countries have you found a cache: 17 and counting.
    Moo

What is Meh?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    What is Meh?
    Definitions of meh on the Web:

"Meh" is an interjection, often used to show a feeling of "whateverness" or possible boredom. However, it can also be used to indicate agreement or disagreement. It can also be an adjective, meaning mediocre or boring.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

1. What is your name? Mike
    2. What is your GC name? cachecrashers4
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Garmin Oregon 400t
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? the ON button
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? so many, hard to choose
    6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? GC39E8 - Romeo, Romeo 2131.47 miles

7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? I tend to make the easy ones harder than they need to be, but GC1QP22 Choate Road Brutal Micro took us awhile to find.
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 30
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? overheard someone talking about it, figured we ought to try it
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? not reading the cache page

11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? We're pretty noisy so we don't sneak up on much of anything
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? Gotta do more. No favorite yet.
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) Sundays
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? Wiiplayer5 (Joey) and kayakingeko (Peter)
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? no, no

16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 3
    17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? stealing?? no don't like it
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? no, it's about new experiences and cool places
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? That there are things people overlook everyday. If they just changed their perspective a whole new world would open up to them.
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? Moun10Bike coin

Default OK Here goes....

1. What is your name? Brad
    2. What is your GC name? mainiac1957
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Oregon 450
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? To many to list
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Going to the Geowoodstock events
    6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? GCJJF2 - Inspiration Point Poetry at 2775 miles
    7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? Well the one I had to look for the most times was Shipping Shell Game (GC1NXAP) by Luc Caron
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 139
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? I think it was from an article I read.
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? Not following the cache page instructions.
    11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? I guess it would be a large black bear when we were in California.
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? Debsconeag Ice Cave (GC108Y2) by Northwoods Explorer
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) May is my busiest month, but fall is my favorite time of year.
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? My wife and several of my good caching friends along with my dogs.
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? No chance of that including events. I only log in one column or the other. My personal way to play.
    16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 12 days
    17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? Not cool...
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? Mostly the number of friends I've made. I find most all caches, so ya sometimes it is.
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? Don't always follow the arrow, and CHECK FOR TICKS, especially on your dogs... It can get expensive!
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? It might be Cindy the Cinderblock, or one of several geo-vehicles I've encountered.
    Happy Trails!