vb:literal>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Plane In The World Enroute to Bangor

Landing yes and taking off. It is wondrous as how a huge thing like that just kind of leaves the ground.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Landing yes and taking off. It is wondrous as how a huge thing like that just kind of leaves the ground.
    True - but trouble is, when these things take off, they're usually quite a way off. If they're landing on runway 13, you can park right under the flight path. REALLY COOL! (There used to be a geocache there, too. Is it still there?)

If youre referencing "Loudest View", that was removed by the Reservists. That was mine out near the middle of the run way. There is still Flight Watch near the end of the Telford Aviation road.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    There is still Flight Watch near the end of the Telford Aviation road.
    Yeah - that's the one I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I check FlightAware a couple of times per day, and note that there have been at least a couple of A-124's in the last 2 days. When I see one that is enroute or on the ground, I'll try and post a note here. They really are impressive - especially seeing them land.
    Thank you!!!!

An Antonov-124 is currently enroute to Bangor, arrival time 5:26 PM.

Missed it. I have looked around the site, and did not find an answer so thought I would ask you WhereRWe?. Is there any way to tell from this or another site what was wrong with the plane that declared emergency last week or so. I made the Bangor daily and being right under the flight path, it was low, loud and scary, for a long time! Last I heard by newspaper and by a Mainiac is that the airline was not answering any phone calls about the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    Missed it. I have looked around the site, and did not find an answer so thought I would ask you WhereRWe?. Is there any way to tell from this or another site what was wrong with the plane that declared emergency last week or so.
    Yes, there is, but I can't find it right now. There's a site that shows reports on all air traffic events. I'll look for it and post a link later, but I didn't want to delay a reply to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yes, there is, but I can't find it right now. There's a site that shows reports on all air traffic events. I'll look for it and post a link later, but I didn't want to delay a reply to your question.
    Thank you! Another pal on FB wrote about it too, She couldn't see the plane but she heard it and felt the vibrations and she and her daughter ran out of their house to look for it. Then I talked to a Mainiac from the base and he said that it was probably flying on one engine to be so loud, but that US air was still not answering calls. This is what I wrote about the ex on my FB page.:
    OMG! I heard this one go over. It was TOO low and the sound went on and on. I was very scared and tried to convince myself that I have watched too many "Seconds from Disaster" shows. Mugsy (cat) and I were on the bed and she was staring up at the sky too, trying to find the plane in the clouds. I wanted to pick her up and run but how do you run from a large aircraft having obvious problems that you can't even see! I felt the same tension as when I watch Air Emergency, but this was REAL and the tension was much greater. I really was waiting for impact nearby if not on our house. I kept remembering that on the show Air Emerg, the planes computers always say "TOO LOW TERRAIN" and I was repeating that in my head as if trying to psycichly (I know, sp) to the plane! Back when I was on the Red Cross's National Disaster Team, I took a 5 hour course re: plane crash emergencies and did a walk thru rescue of a plane crash at another training at BIA and I was trying to remember what I learned so that I could assist if it didn't take us out! I can see why they met the plane with emergency crews! It sounded horrible!

There are a lot of in flight emergencies . . . smoke in the cockpit, one engine out, etc. . . . it's a lot more common than most folks realize. The first few times I thought it was a major event . . . now after hearing dozens of these types of calls they generally turn out to not be that big of a deal . . . not that the situation couldn't go south. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."