vb:literal>

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Plane In The World Enroute to Bangor

This is another cool site for those of you into flight (or in the case of this site, the lack there of).
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Default An old workhorse.....

..... is updated. http://www.newairplane.com/747/ Due to fly on Sunday.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Are you sure it was an AN-225 and not the AN-224? The 224 stops at Bangor all the time, but I've never seen the 225 there.
    AN-225 at Bangor on Oct 4th last year. Photo courtesy of the user that posted it on flightaware

That 747-8 is nice but I must say this AN-225 is an impressive beast. I would love to see the landing and take-off. That must be quite a sight.

Quote Originally Posted by inhUMaine View Post
    AN-225 at Bangor on Oct 4th last year. Photo courtesy of the user that posted it on flightaware

Thanks for posting that! I would really like to see it!

Default I have seen and heard them.

Where I live in Brewer I see and here them fly out of Bangor on a regular basis. They seem to be moving so slow it's a wonder they are even staying in the air. Most impressive indeed.
    Happy Trails!

I've heard rumbling, hovering aircraft here as well. I assumed it was the C5's. Maybe not. Neat to think it might have been this one.
    Appreciate everyone who has ever come into your life- for some come in as a blessing and others come in as a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by msteelee View Post
    I've heard rumbling, hovering aircraft here as well. I assumed it was the C5's. Maybe not. Neat to think it might have been this one.
    I just think you're hearing that alien spaceship Ekidokai is always looking for.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by msteelee View Post
    I've heard rumbling, hovering aircraft here as well. I assumed it was the C5's.
    Yes, the C5's behave the same way - loud and slow. They look like they're crawling. LOL! It's fun to be under the approach at the end of the runway when one of these big ones come in.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yes, the C5's behave the same way - loud and slow. They look like they're crawling. LOL! It's fun to be under the approach at the end of the runway when one of these big ones come in.
    While I haven't seen the specs on this, I would imagine landing speed to be around 150 knots or so....about 175 miles an hour. Hard to believe it when you're watching them on final.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.