vb:literal>

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Plane In The World Enroute to Bangor

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yes, there is, but I can't find it right now. There's a site that shows reports on all air traffic events. I'll look for it and post a link later, but I didn't want to delay a reply to your question.
    I think this is the site I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    There are a lot of in flight emergencies . . . smoke in the cockpit, one engine out, etc. . . . it's a lot more common than most folks realize. The first few times I thought it was a major event . . . now after hearing dozens of these types of calls they generally turn out to not be that big of a deal . . . not that the situation couldn't go south. . . .
    Do they declare emergencies and return to the airport for all of those events? Not being sarcastic, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I think this is the site I was thinking of.
    Thank you. Tried that. Since the incident is over 10 days old 7/11-12/2011, the site tells me to go to the NTSB site, where I find no mention, maybe because they landed safely so there was no accident report?

Sometimes . . . more often it's an emergency with an in-bound flight originating from somewhere else.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Did find out that they only got a bit past Swan lake before making the U turn. That explains why it was so loud for so long.

There are several Antanov 124's coming through Bangor today. There are two out on the deck right now with one scheduled to leave in a little bit. Again, if you haven't seen one, take a look....
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Just came back from lunch and had seen the third one land. Soooo big and sooo slow to watching them touch down. All three are parked. According to the BIA Facebook page, at least one of them is leaving early this afternoon. Impressive.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

For some reason there's a flurry of Antonov-124's arriving in Bangor. Two arrived/left yesterday, one is due to depart in a couple of minutes, and another is on the ground with no projected departure. Great opportunity to see these big planes! (I note that they're all departing for Prestwick, Scotland. It's unusual that all these planes have the same destination. Since there originating from Charleston AFB, SC., I assume they're transporting MRAP vehicles for the US military...

There's an Antonov-12 currently on the ground at Bangor. No projected departure yet, but if you're interested, monitor FlightAware.com for the routing to be posted.

Hope its still there on thurs!