vb:literal>

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Biggest Plane In The World Enroute to Bangor

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    Hope its still there on thurs!
    Sorry - left at about 3:20 AM this morning. LOL!

It was amazing.

It was even very quite. You didn't even hear it taxiing to the start point. A shorter trip down the runway than I would have thought and then it just lifted off.

They make a lot more noise landing and taking off during the day. Only felt the ground shake a little too.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I am, admittedly, a novice when it comes to planes...but you guys got me interested enough with this thread that I did some research. By that I mean I did what every good moderately intrigued novice would do. I trolled youtube looking for videos of the plane. The 225 is absolutely massive! I remember when I saw Air Force One over nyc moving right along. I can't imagine seeing that beast gliding over my neighborhood!

I was driving on a road near airport yesterday and a HUGE airplane was flying low next to me getting ready to land. It was an amazing moment, too bad I didn't have camera available at that moment.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    I was driving on a road near airport yesterday and a HUGE airplane was flying low next to me getting ready to land. It was an amazing moment, too bad I didn't have camera available at that moment.
    Looking at FlightAware, I don't see that any big charter planes arrived, so it was probably a military flight (C-5A or something - the US's biggest plane). They don't show up on FlightAware.