vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know you...

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Actually, this is one of the best threads I've seen in a while! I hope the rersponses continue as I for one find the answers very interesting and entertaining. I just hope that there's another cacher here that logged one of his/her own caches during the newbie period like I did!
    Dan, a member who joined before me, who was thought of by many of us as crazy for hiding so many caches (he had hidden 14 caches by the time I joined after all!), only has to this day 29 finds, several of which are on his own caches. Many of them he logged when he went back to do maintenance. Not typical behavior, but certainly was not done to up his numbers, as is the case for most people who log finds on their own caches on a regular basis.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Not typical behavior, but certainly was not done to up his numbers, as is the case for most people who log finds on their own caches on a regular basis.
    Sheesh! Don't get me started on geocaching dogs again - who log their owner's caches - and owners who log "their dog's" caches.

1. What is your name? Jim Stacey
    2. What is your GC name? Shuman Road Searchers
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Dakota 10
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr?
    That it works
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? All of the adventures with friends along the way
    6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache?
    Van Buren
    7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? Deja deja vu
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 102
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? I bought a gps
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching?
    forgetting fresh batteries on a long hike
    11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? All of my geofriends
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? Millinocket Lake Kettle Pond
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) year round on the weekends
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? Dubord,Tandemstoker, Bamm, Finsup, Bsstacey,myself,wife and son,Becket,togusfinder, ANYBODY!
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you?no
    16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 20 or so 17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items?
    not a big fan
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? when nearing a milestone or another cachers find count
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? That there are many places an "offroadish" nissan sentra can go
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? The one on Bigpappis leg
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

1. What is your name? Pam Grant

2. What is your GC name? JustPJ66

3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Garmin Etrex

4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? The alarm that says iam close to the cache!
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Spending time with my family...my husband, my mom, my brother, my sister-in-laws....family time is the best.

6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? Kevin says it is downeast ME but I thought our one NH cache.

7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? Ya i agree with kevin LT's caches are some of the hardest....but Mapachi's have been some of the funny ones.

8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 28 in a day...logging them took much longer than finding them!

9. How did you get started in geocaching? My brother RCWHIT took me to a cache...he is a good brother!

10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? Listening to my husband when he "thought" it was "this way dear"hehe

11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? Moose, Deer, Bunnies, doggies of all kinds, some kitties from time to time and various other wildlife.....some of the 2 legged variety too.

12. What is your favorite earthcache? havent done one

13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) usually mid week when kevin has off from work. mostly spring, summer, and fall....and anytime of day or evening....not at night....to many spiders come out then!!!!!

14. Who do you usually geocache with? ALWAYS wtih my hubby Kevin! If he aint with me I dont cache.

15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? I havent logged one of my own caches but I have logged one of OUR caches that was placed in kevins name and it kept comming up as unfound on my screen and so i logged it. other than that tho i dont see a reason to log one of your own caches.

16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? I am told it is 4 days in a row but honestly I dont keep track of such things.

17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? I have enjoyed finding these in caches and it is difficult for me to understand why someone would take one unless they didnt understand how they work. I guess I hope all those that came up missing were people who just didnt understand...but I know I live in a fairy tale.

18. Is it all about the numbers for you? NO WAY

19. What have you learned since you started geocaching?pack everything you never know what you will need out in the wilderness!

20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? We have found some cool ones but we found one coin that was a sword in a sheath...that was really neat.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I've noticed that many of the questions here are about statistics - "most caches in one day", etc. For those that don't know what their "stats" are, here is the program I use.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I've noticed that many of the questions here are about statistics - "most caches in one day", etc. For those that don't know what their "stats" are, here is the program I use.
    GSAk has a good macro, and GC.com has incorporated a rather extensive set of stats to profiles as well. Not sure if it's just premium members or all members though?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

1. What is your name? John & Teresa
    2. What is your GC name? team_barbieri
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? PN-40
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? Multiple files
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Spending time with my wife
    6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache?

GC26WZ9 - THE LORING MILITARY HERITAGE CENTER GEOCACHE7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? The first one we looked for. 6 months later it was real easy.

8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 60 caches in one day on 09/12/2010
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? Looking on line for snowmobile trails and I found geocachingmaine.org Looked like fun. A week later we had a GPS'r
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? Forgetting to look up

11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? Ekidokai, Had a blast kyaking
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? Fox Hill Marsh by CaptainMath (GC2D1Q8)
    Rhode Island

13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) April sundays
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? My wife and and my parents (ARDEBETOO)
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? Yes, but I found it way befor I adopted it. GCK9YM Farbucks 13-Mmmmmm!!!

16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 12
    17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? Booo. But i admit I have had a few in my possetion over the winter due to lack of caching and we like to put them towards ther goal and somwhere the will be found. Not just anywhere just to get rid of them.
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? I love the #'s but its not only about the #'s its the time I spend with my wife that I enjoy the most.
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? How blind I was before we started. There are so many places we have never been that we go by everyday.
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? All the ones with great stories.

1. What is your name?Peter
    2. What is your GC name?Kayakingeko
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use?Garmin Oregon 450t
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? Field notes (my memory is failing)
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Kayaking out to Hog Island with cachecrashers4 and his wife so he could find Muscongus Bay - Hog Island (GC2GY7M) this is before I cached and why I started.
    6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? only 58miles
    7. What is the hardest cache you ever found?A stones throw: 8 (GC256G5) but only because we were snowshoeing all day in up to 5 feet of fresh powder
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 16
    9. How did you get started in geocaching?...see #5
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? Trusting my gps too much....use the force
    11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? Tourists from away
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? havn't any yet
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) all seasons, all day
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? cachecrashers4(Mike) and Wiiplayer5 (Joey)
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? only events
    16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 6
    17.How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? made to travel, not collect dust
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? Nope, about getting out with friends and keeping off the couch
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? I have feet (I've lost weight)
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? Hot or Cold

Default And a Suggestion...

For another question:

If you have a travel bug out there, how far has it traveled? (Our "GeoMaine Furby" has traveled 32,834 miles!)
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 03-09-2011 at 08:06 PM.

1. What is your name? Sue
    2. What is your GC name? dufzor
    3. What kind of GPSr do you use? 60CSX & PN40
    4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? The light that helps me see the screen at night!
    5. What is your best memory of geocaching? Anytime I complete a Groleau cache and still have everything (like my GPSr) that I left home with!
    6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? 99.187 mi GC2FHTH
    7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? GC2921R Boston Celtics: Rajon Rondo
    8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 15 caches in one day on 12/13/2010
    9. How did you get started in geocaching? Some gal I traded video games with had geocaching listed on her page as a hobby. I wondered what it was. The more I read, the more I thought it would be a good fit for me.
    10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? Losing my GPS!
    11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? bear, deer, moose, owls, a bald eagle eating a piece of meat in a tree
    12. What is your favorite earthcache? I've only done one. GC10558
    13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) May and Winter, evenings and nights
    14. Who do you usually geocache with? I cache with Geok9 & and, when its warm, one of the 2 Geoparrots. I've never been caching with another cacher.
    15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? no,no
    16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 7
    17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? As long as the items they collect belong to them, thats great!
    18. Is it all about the numbers for you? No, but they do motivate me.
    19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? Since I solo a lot at night, on a tough cache, leave my where abouts and expected return time with someone, because things can happen on the waterways or on the trail.
    20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? O.M. Weiner TB191JA