vb:literal>

Thread: Speakers

Default Speakers

Your Board has been quite active since the installation ceremony held last week at the Augusta Armory!

One of the topics centers around having a database of members here that are willing to speak to groups about geocaching. I've done a fair amount of this and it's not only fun but it's great promotion for our game.

What we'd like to know for those who are willing is the geographical area you'd be willing to speak, ex "20 miles from downtown Lewiston." Also your preference as to group size, length of presentation, or anything else pertinent. This will make referrals quick and easy.

Lastly, it would be nice if we had a power point "machine." If anybody knows where we could get one donated or purchased CHEAP, let us know.

There will be more news coming to many important changes/ideas/goals in the coming days. I'm hoping Rick will introduce a lot of these.

This is a fun way to give something back. Hope to see some support.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I've done several and am always willing to help with another.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Default Me too

I gave a presentation at a provincial park in Nova Scotia. It went quite well and I have a lot of the posters left. I was lucky enough to borrow 7 garmin GPS units for the presentation. It would be nice if we could get a few donated to go with people to presentations.

Default Geocaching Presentations

Please add me to the list.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I've never done one before, but I'd be willing to give it a try. I'd like to shadow one of these presentations just so I could get an idea of what to do, though.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

It's really quite easy, and fun. I usually bring 3 or 4 GPS's, a bunch of TB's, different size caches and some of the more unique ones like RCWhitt has, a dozen geocoins and a printout of a caches decription with I highlight with numbers I can point out the highlights. After that, the kids will tend to steer the discussion. They sometimes want to talk about the unique geocaches I bring and other times want to know where there's a good bunch of caches where they live. Having cached many times with Pat, mapachi, I also have a lot of funny stories I can relate to them.

So, I have a conflict, unfortunately, with the talk I was going to do with some 5th graders at Winthrop on April 29th. Anybody interested in doing that one? Let me know and I'll give you the teacher's contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeMainer View Post
    I've never done one before, but I'd be willing to give it a try. I'd like to shadow one of these presentations just so I could get an idea of what to do, though.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

If dates and times work for me I would be willing to do so . . . I've done a couple of introductions to caching using a power point presentation . . . although I have no idea if I still have the PP Presentation even.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."