vb:literal>

Thread: You must read this....

Angry You must read this....

Over the past weekend I recd an email that someone had "discovered" one of my coins. Since the coin is in my drawer and the mission says " only those who lend a hand and help out, who have touched the coin may discover it " I quickly looked at the log and the profile of the cacher. It all looked legit but I still deleted the log. I quickly got an email response from the cacher, who lives in Spain, and his email contained a link to show me where my coins number was. I clicked to open what I thought was a link to his Picasa site. I quickly closed the link as I was not going to search the whole site looking for the coin pic. This morning I recd another email from the same cacher, and it contained another link that I did not open as it looked very suspicious, and could have contained a virus.

Too much of this sort of thing going around. Several of my close friends have had their emails hacked and I have recd 4 emails this week with suspicious links. AOL is one of the biggest " fishing scams " on the internet, when asked to update your billing info, for a site that is free. I may be from Maine but I know the answer to that one. DELETE THE EMAIL!

Be careful what you open even if you think you know who sent it.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

If the email came through gc.com, you should report it to them. Actually, if it was a real cacher, you should report it as well. They can look into it and determine if it was legit or not. Either way, it seems they should not have had your coin number? I imagine people are emailing lists of those numbers just like some do with puzzle cache coords.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default yup....

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    If the email came through gc.com, you should report it to them. Actually, if it was a real cacher, you should report it as well. They can look into it and determine if it was legit or not. Either way, it seems they should not have had your coin number? I imagine people are emailing lists of those numbers just like some do with puzzle cache coords.
    I have reported the incident.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Thanks for the heads up.