Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Article: Paperless caching all Maine caches for GSAK

Thank you Ekidokai, I was starting to get gaps and had to tweak mine again. :-)

I tweak my own and have for a while now. Next step is to go to the GSAK event and learning how to do it all through GSAK rather than going to gc.com and tweaking the PQs from there. I have an inkling of an idea but just haven't taken the time to get it all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I tweak my own and have for a while now. Next step is to go to the GSAK event and learning how to do it all through GSAK rather than going to gc.com and tweaking the PQs from there. I have an inkling of an idea but just haven't taken the time to get it all figured out.
    Getting caches using the gc.com API/GSAK is not a direct replacement for PQs. If you want to get all (or all unfound) caches in Maine in your database, IMO PQs still make sense. If you occasionally go out caching and know what direction you are going, then the API route may be the way to go. Hopefully that'll make a little more sense after the event.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

There is a macro that will tailor the PQ dates for the individual cacher. I use this one regularly and I will share it at the upcoming GSAK event.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    There is a macro that will tailor the PQ dates for the individual cacher. I use this one regularly and I will share it at the upcoming GSAK event.
    Any chance that there could be a power point presentation made of the GSAK tutorial at this event? Sure would like to know better how to use GSAK in the many things it has to offer.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Updated today

The state is getting bigger. Just hit PQ #9

Where can one get this macro that Mainiac speaks of?

I know there is a huge list of macros available, the bad part is there isn't much description on them that I saw.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.