vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you pay cash to cache?

Lightbulb Here's a thought

In the case of a place like Hirundo. I would approach the land managers and offer to have a CITO event. Maybe not as much to pick up garbage, but to clean up the trails in general. A half a dozen or so cachers working for a few hours could make quite a bit of progress.
    Happy Trails!

Thumbs up Well Said Mainiac1957 - there are many options!

And indeed - Hirundo is having a Trail Day on Saturday. Just talked to them about a cache which may be missing. Also, they would welcome any help - just call them and speak with Fred if you are interested in helping.

There is no camping on the grounds and no dogs for visitors but they would probably be open to us having an event there. If you have done Lac D'Lor - the building is not to far away.
    Last edited by hollora; 04-19-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: used they instead of being specific - sorry

I have been in contact with the manager at the campground that is the topic of this discussion and actually sent him the link for this thread to review. He wrote me back 2 days ago and invited me to help them get started setting up caches. I am excited to get this going! Thanks for all the good feedback.

Nice work Fins_up. It should be fun.

Hirundo opened up when they recovered the remenants of a Letterbox which had been torn apart by something. They thought it might be a Geocache (which was not allowed then) but alas it was a letterbox. Interesting those were not welcome either but someone had put one there quite some time before. The caretakers knew I cached and contacted me. This opened the door to talk to them again about caches. (I had tried once before.) All caches placed on their property must be reviewed by and approved by their caretaker but once he/she say ok on a placement they welcome our folks to come seek caches and enjoy their grounds.

Hopefully the campground will enjoy a pleasant experience by welcoming Geocachers.