vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm Pretty Sure I Did The Wrong Thing, But...

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    The sad part is Mike has a point. If you had just logged a find and not mentioned the log/container, your find would have been welcomed.
    True. Very true. I would much rather be known for doing (or at least trying to do) the right thing.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Glad to see that some CO are taking this so seriously. After all, it is life and death we're talking about.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Paul's comment here hits the nail on the head for me. I have consistently taken the position of erring on the side of letting cachers log finds if they find any irregularities with my caches. The only deletions I've done were on a couple of rude posts and one that had absolutely NOTHING in the log, just a find. I would be remiss if I didn't note that the polite practice of some "thank you" to the CO has largely disappearef, something a lot of newer cachers don't get I suppose. For those of you reading this that don't take the 4 extra key strokes to post "TFTC", remember that those of us who put caches out do so for you to find and enjoy. A thanks shows your appreciation and is truly appreciated when we read you logs.

And my final comment, it's spring, a lot of caches will have issues and wet logs. Bring spare logs with you and other repair items. You'll feel good every time you take what little time it takes to make the cache better for the next finder!

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Glad to see that some CO are taking this so seriously. After all, it is life and death we're talking about.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Paul's comment here hits the nail on the head for me. I have consistently taken the position of erring on the side of letting cachers log finds if they find any irregularities with my caches. The only deletions I've done were on a couple of rude posts and one that had absolutely NOTHING in the log, just a find. I would be remiss if I didn't note that the polite practice of some "thank you" to the CO has largely disappearef, something a lot of newer cachers don't get I suppose. For those of you reading this that don't take the 4 extra key strokes to post "TFTC", remember that those of us who put caches out do so for you to find and enjoy. A thanks shows your appreciation and is truly appreciated when we read you logs.
    Yes, because not writing a long log or thanking to the CO for the cache is obviously a true life and death, LOL. And what about cachers who don't even bother to log a find, they just go with their friends or family and won't register and log a find, how disrespectful is that! But this is still absolutely nothing to what millions of cachers do. They won't even bother to go find your cache! You put it there for them and they won't go to find it. They have absolutely no respect.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post

And my final comment, it's spring, a lot of caches will have issues and wet logs. Bring spare logs with you and other repair items. You'll feel good every time you take what little time it takes to make the cache better for the next finder!
    Couldn't find the the right emotioncon to place after my statement, but Dan got it. Come on....the cacher obviously found it and while I admire and respect NativeMainer's outlook about the activity, I think that cache owner is taking it a little too seriously. However, if that's how one wants to play, so be it.

I haven't deleted a log yet, nor had occasion to do so....certainly there have been some lazy logs.....not sure what it's going to take for me to delete one.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I deleted posts from the moron who was mass logging. Other than that, I have yet to have a log pop up that I would consider deleting.

Probably if the cache owner spent as much time maintaining his caches, as he does deleting peoples finds, this would not have been an issue. I have yet to delete a find and tell the cacher to log a DNF. If someone logs one of my caches and sends me a note or PM telling me the container is damaged, vandalized or missing, I'm grateful for the information and try to have it fixed within days. Oh well, not everyone is as charming and good looking as I am
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I deleted posts from the moron who was mass logging. Other than that, I have yet to have a log pop up that I would consider deleting.
    I stand corrected. When we had that batch of butt monkeys posting mass logs, I got rid of them.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I would rarely delete a log. Even if I beleve a cacher really didn't find my cache, I would tell them, but leave it up to them to delete their own log. They are the ones who have to live with them selves. It's a fun game and I refuse to let logging issues bother me. I claim finds on caches I don't sign. Frozen in place, wet logs, full logs etc. I can sleep at night knowing I had a great day caching! It's just a game folks, with little real repercussions from breaking the rules when it comes to logging caches.

I just sent a note to "acamden1" a new cacher with 20 finds. Logs a find, posts nothing whatsoever. My note was positive but with out a little more and an indication that the cache was found, I'll probably delete the supposed find. What does the gang feel about that? I hope I get a positive find from the cacher, by the way.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.