vb:literal>

Thread: 1st International Earthcache Event (A Mega event for Maine!)

Threaded View

Thumbs up 1st International Earthcache Event (A Mega event for Maine!)

Dear Maine Geocacher

My name is Gary Lewis and I am the Director of Education and Outreach for the Geological Society of America and the creator/developer of the EarthCache program that is part of geocaching.com. It is a wonderful program with now over 11,200 EarthCaches around the world. I am a resident of Maine - a wonderful place to work, live, play and cache!

I am delighted to announce to the local geocaching community first that Maine will host the very first International EarthCache Event on the 2 September 2012 (that is NEXT year) and we are confident that this will be a Mega Event (over 500 people).

Over the last few months I have been working with a group of local cachers to get this Event planned - including SoME Geocachers, Geocaching Maine Board Members, and the Maine Reviewer. This will be an exciting event with speakers, games and the opportunity to meet other geocachers from around the world. The focus will be on EarthCaches, but there will be something for everyone at this potential Mega event!

Organizing a Mega Event takes a long time and the volunteer help of many people. At this stage we are asking people to get on our email lists so we can send you more information when it becomes available. Go to the event website (www.earthcacheevent.org) and click on the link near the bottom to get on the list.

We will be putting a call out for Maine people to help us closer to the event. But for now, we want to get the event onto your calendars and hope you will be able to support us by attending!

One of our first tasks is to find sponsors for the Event. If you are in a local business that may be interested in being a sponsor or vendor at this event, please contact me at glewis at geosociety dot org".

Gary Lewis
    (geoaware)
    Event Director
    EarthCache Program
    Raymond ME
    Last edited by brdad; 04-10-2011 at 06:59 AM.