vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puzzle Caches?

Question Puzzle Caches?

Anybody else hate them as much as I do?....LOL I have a cache just a couple of miles from me,well a couple of them but this one in particular has me stifled. Anyone in here that can steer me in the right direction or even the answer would be even better I promise I won't tell.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-1b6547587f11
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

You know that we can not give you the answer because that is unethical! The first couple are easy!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I despise puzzle caches. I have done most all of the regular caches in my area and have now started resorting to puzzle caches. I stink at them. I enjoy finding a devious hide much more than trying to figure out those crazy puzzles.

The one thing I like about puzzle caches is that I feel so smart if i figure one out!!! which by the way isnt very often!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Puzzle caches are not my favorites but occassionally I'll take some time, figure out a bunch of them and do them. Some are just too tough and some of the CO's seem a bit reluctant to provide hints or starting points to solving the mystery. All part of the game, but I too prefer finding the really devious hides.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I love/hate puzzle caches. To me, the best ones are the easy ones that just throw you off because you're trying to hard to solve them. IMO some puzzle caches are just made intentionally way too hard. Some areas of the country got inundated with extremely hard puzzles a few years back.

My biggest issue with puzzle caches is that most of them you put a fair amount into solving the puzzle and you are rewarded by a cache in a lamp post, guard rail, or on a dumpster behind McDonalds. I think solving a puzzle should lead you to the infamous hidden treasure like we see so often in the movies. I have heard other people argue just the opposite - that if you go through all that work to solve the puzzle, why should you have to work to find the cache too? - but I disagree. I placed my puzzle caches where I placed them so the hider would be rewarded for their efforts. My Sounds Easy To Me (Unknown/Mystery)(Regular) (GC1VFWZ) by brdad (3.5/3) cache I held off hiding for several years because I wasn't sure I wanted to share it with anyone. When I originally found the location it was much harder to access and it was quite an adventure with a great reward. I hope that finders of the cache feel rewarded for their efforts solving the puzzle as well.

John, we have people come into the national chat from time to time and ask for help with puzzles. If you're lucky and show up at the right time, you might get one of the puzzle masters to take a look and point you in the right direction.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Okay, brdad, was what you had to say so important you had to say it twice? lol Got it twice anyway.

That puzzle cache might be easier if there was some kind of reference point at least as a hint. All I see is randomly generated numbers and letters.

Double post? What double post? I don't see any double post? Do you have double vision?
    Last edited by brdad; 04-10-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Anybody else hate them as much as I do?....LOL I have a cache just a couple of miles from me,well a couple of them but this one in particular has me stifled. Anyone in here that can steer me in the right direction or even the answer would be even better I promise I won't tell.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-1b6547587f11
    Well I was hoping to get a little more help than what I got.... I'll just have to put this one on my ignore list I guess. Thanks just the same.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I'll look it over sometime soon, haffy. My initial look at any cache is trying to figure out how many digits are in the puzzle. If you are looking for the full coords in the form of 34 21.656 83 50.018, that is 14 digits. This puzzle has 14 rows of puzzle, so perhaps each row is a digit. Not always the case, but it is a common thing.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!