vb:literal>

Thread: Just Visiting - from Illinois

Default Just Visiting - from Illinois

Hi all,

I was asked to post my info and my trip details on this website.

I'm from Illinois, Mundelein to be exact, which is appx 30 miles NNW of Chicago.

I frequently cache with "xafwodahs", my brother, who was with me on our weeklong trip to Maine last week (June 19 - 26).

You will be seeing a bunch of logs from xafwodahs soon as he logs his in; he is a bit slower to devote the time to sit and log over 50 finds.

Last year we went to Wyoming and based our "direction" on geocaches that came across our path -- sort of winging it. This year was no exception.

Being a programmer savvy person, he developed a way to pull all cache notes from the website with pertinent details; we then print it all out and put into a book. This way we can find details on any cache in the area to see if we have time, or interest in doing the cache. We also have our 60CS's max'd out with waypoints (1000). We pick our caches this way.

We started out in Portland, then quickly over to Brunswick, where I did a two-week Navy Reserve duty at the NAS there. I had lots of memories from my brief stay and touring the area. We then progressed up and down many peninsulas moving East. We then moved up into the Ellsworth area, then up towards NB, came back in at Houlton, moved North, then East into the Northwoods area. Had a flat tire in the middle of nowhere, but "escaped" via beeline to the nearest town that could replace our slashed tire, Willenocket/Medway. On to Moosehead area to find the the campsite I visited last time is no longer one, so we had to drive up to Jackman to find a suitable location to camp. By then our trip was coming to a close, so we headed South thru Solon back to Portland.

Very brief description; you can see my logs in the area. I'd say my favorite caches in the area were the many rail bridges and trestles, as well as Island Treasure by METrailblazers. A great hike.

That's all for now. Thanks for your interest.

Welcome, and come back and visit us again sometime!
    Silva, of the forest

Beneath you, feel the Earth.
    Above you, feel the Sky.
    Around you, feel the presence and the Power
    of the Trees!

50 in one week! That's a lot of foot movement. Hope you got to enjoy the surrounding country as you cached.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe