vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so bummed

Default so bummed

So I had been planning this vacation to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon for 9 months now and it was finally time to go. I haven't cached at all this winter so I was really looking forward to finding some caches along our long drive from LV to GC to Page, AZ, and then to Zion National Park. I loaded 500 caches into my GPS that were along that route and then packed it into my luggage. The luggage that the curb side check in guy never tagged. Which then is the same bag that never made it to Las Vegas. My bag, the one with my GPS in it. And even more sadly, the one that has all my clothes, make-up, favorite Keen shoes and dress clothes for a conference and running attire for a road race I am doing in LV. Ugh.

Other than that, my vacation is great!

Ouch! Any word from that as to whether or not they'll find your luggage?

Unhappy Give the airline what for!!

Just tell them you need a new GPS...Now!!

That's why ALL my electronics go in my carry on. I take no chances with those.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    So I had been planning this vacation to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon for 9 months now and it was finally time to go. I haven't cached at all this winter so I was really looking forward to finding some caches along our long drive from LV to GC to Page, AZ, and then to Zion National Park. I loaded 500 caches into my GPS that were along that route and then packed it into my luggage. The luggage that the curb side check in guy never tagged. Which then is the same bag that never made it to Las Vegas. My bag, the one with my GPS in it. And even more sadly, the one that has all my clothes, make-up, favorite Keen shoes and dress clothes for a conference and running attire for a road race I am doing in LV. Ugh.

That certainly puts a damper on your travels. Something to remember.....curbside check-in personnel do not work for the airline that you are flying on and generally are employed by a sub-contractor for the airline or airport, so from there the customer service generally falls off. You do not have to check your bag(s) there and can go directly to your airline counter. Really hope your luggage was located.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

When we fly, we always carry the GPSr with us. It's a lot of fun to have it on in the airplane to see where you're at.

I never trust anything valuable in checked baggage. It's your word against theirs as to what was in there and what is missing!

My last trip I checked bag at the ticket booth. Picked my baggage off the carousel quickly, got home and found they broke one of the locks in half (probably because it was left open by TSA). Called them to be told they were not liable.

Had the dang thing been locked shut it would not have been open to be broken = HELLO!

So sorry if you cut your fingies on my broken lock on the bag in the future - as I will continue to use it!

And I don't pack anything I can't get quickly and easily at Walmart or another discount store in my check baggage (clothes, personal care items and the like). Sad but true. When in doubt ship it.

Wow! That stinks and stinks BAD! Hope you have found a way to at least enjoy some of that nice dessert weather!

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post

Now you didn't hear this from me, I know of places where their motto is Always, that you could go and get a GPS and after you use it if the device did not meet your expectations you could return it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

back from my vacation--still no luggage. not one single cache found. boo. We had an amazing vacation anyway! Grand Canyon, Skywalk, Antelope Canyon, Zion National Park and Las Vegas. Most awesome sights I have seen in a long time. Absolutely worth every penny we spent. (Including the money spent on getting new clothes.... lol)

Great that you still had a good time, sucks that you still don't have your luggage!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."