vb:literal>

Thread: Things found that you weren't looking for, while caching.

Hybrid View

Default Things found that you weren't looking for, while caching.

Had an interesting experience today. Here is my log. Just wondering if anyone else has had disturbing finds which were not part of the cache itself.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-95307c93da79

Updated log, now that I have had some ZZZzzzs:

After a day of caching which included 2 DNFs, one cache that was filled with inches of water and moldy toys, 2 other finds, and 7 caches that are on new owners property, who came out to let me know that the caches have been reomoved and I assured them I would take that message to the powers that be. I wanted to end my day on a possitive note, so I zipped on over to the boat launch and there was no one there. Found the cache easily, signed log, left a pt. Cache was dry. I heard a beaver nearby who was pretty angry that I was near his area. Put GeoK9 back in the car and decided to take a walk to see him and get a picture of him and some ducks. I am trying to get out every other day to take nature pictures for my friend in NYC who is dying of cancer and is nearing her final days. She loved the out doors and can't get out, so I made it my mission to get some kind of scene or animal photo every other day. In this case, it seemed like a quick and easy mission. I walked down to the river and immediatly saw a big duck. He flew and I got a couple shots off. Then I went thru the woods to find the beaver who was still slapping his tail. I walked out to the point and found something disturbing. On the way back to the car, I found more disturbing evidence. I called 911. Eddington dispatch asked me to wait for the officer but dispatch forgot to tell the officer that, so the officer stopped to help someone find their lost dog, then pulled over a speeder, then came over. He was most apologetic! While waiting, I got to enjoy the sunset, complete with more ducks. So, its now after dark and I have to take the officer to see my non cache find. He plans to photograph the evidence tomorrow at 6 AM when it will be light and he will then gather it using gloves and evidence bag, and researching MP files. GeoK9 waited patiently in the car, and when the officer and I came back, I let her out of the car. She is a Registered Therapy Dog and she got out, sniffed the officer a couple times, decided he didn't need therapy and put herself back in the car! This all was quite an adventure, and its adventure that I could live without. <g> Wonder how many others find things they weren't looking for while caching. My Doc told me 3 weeks ago that she was advising me to take a weeks vacation. Yesturday she suggested to at least go caching for an afternoon....I don't think this is what she had in mind! LOL Thanks for a very interesting cache! Took sig item. LPT. TFTC
    Last edited by dufzor; 04-20-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: changed log entry

Kind of a cryptic log . . . didn't really say what you found that required a law enforcement officer.

Curious also about the caches on a new owner's property . . . where were these?

Final thought . . . yup . . . Things I found that I wasn't looking for while caching . . . two words: Fitz Cache.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Lee found me at a cache. She found me very disturbing.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Lee found me at a cache. She found me very disturbing.
    Okay, I gotta admit, I am ROTFLOL at that answer!

I am also very curious to know what it is you found. I once found an arm from a mannequin. I didn't know it was not real at first and that initial chill going down my spine was bad.

It was a while ago but down in the Lewiston area we were walking to a cache through a pit like area. This was obvious a party area and a big burn pile was collecting. In the pile was a ton of books, tapes, dvds, etc from the local library - all with recent return dates. Yes, we called the PD - never did find out what happened.

And then there was the walk down a beautiful, mossy, trail - a long walk and the couple I encountered who were enjoying the moss along side a large erratic........I just quitely kept walking along, quickly and they kept busy with their business. When I returned on the trail from finding the cache, I encountered them walking happily with smiles, clothes and packs on.

The Campground in Eddington only lasted a year. A couple of the caches there were bad anyway.

I too am curious at to what was found. I heard something about the damn on the radio but wasn't paying attention.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.