vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anybody ask for permission anymore?

Default Permission

The general tone here is that admittedly, those of us who place caches don't always have what we call in my business "express landowner permission." Does this mean we're common criminals....no. My feeling is that the real test of cache placer integrity comes when the landowner or land steward expresses concern. When that happens, it's almost imperative to not be confrontational and remove and archive the cache. If there's anybody that frequents this site that can honestly say they have express permission from the landowner for every cache they placed, speak up....we'd love to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    I wonder how many individual permissions Ekidokai had for the Stud Mill Road caches..... have anything in writing, Mike?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

The general tone here is that admittedly, those of us who place caches don't always have what we call in my business "express landowner permission."

You know what, Dan? I had no idea there was a drive through lane where I could go to get such permission. Leave it to you to know about these things. :-)

I think there are some cachers who have a limited number of hides that do have permission for all their hides. We've discussed it several times without resolution, a search for the word permission shows that. I even posted a poll a few years back. I think very few people place a cache without assuming they have a right to hide a cache wherever they do.

Perhaps a more interesting question is: If there were an attribute available to caches which was applied only to caches in which provable permission was given (and assuming there were plenty of those caches around), would you actively filter and seek only those caches? I think I might - If a cache owner takes the extra effort to get provable permission, I think there is a good probability that it would be a better quality cache. Not to mention, you would not feel so weird caching in view of residences and businesses.

298 of all caches placed in Maine have permission in their description. I like it when it is stated in the description.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    You know what, Dan? I had no idea there was a drive through lane where I could go to get such permission. Leave it to you to know about these things. :-)
    Dan is the only one with "express" permission. They know it's the only way to get him to stop talking and move on.

Hey, talk is cheap!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    298 of all caches placed in Maine have permission in their description. I like it when it is stated in the description.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-af52db370213

Yep, just like Prego. It's in there.