vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Cache Maine - The Empty Tomb

Default Easter Cache Maine - The Empty Tomb

In celebration of Easter, my family decided to put up a special temporary Cache in celebration of Easter. Every (first 225) Geocachers gets something. We’ve put together 225 Easter goodie bags with a little something for everyone of all ages.

The Cache is located just off the road at the end of a now defunct driveway. The home owners there have given permission, and won’t bother you if you don’t bother them. Easy parking right in front of the Cache. The cache is categorized as large, but I’d say it’s huge. It’s very easy to find. You can’t miss it. Really.

Inside the Cache is a log on top of a treasure chest. The treasure chest contains little goodie packets for EVERY person who comes. Each packet contains chocolate eggs (yes, real chocolate, we didn’t cheap out), bubble gum, life savers, silly bands, erasers, COINS, and some pamphlets about Easter cheer. Please take a packet for EACH person on your team. We don’t want to be stuck with leftovers.

If you would like to leave travel bugs for us to circulate for you, please feel free to do so. Please don’t leave anything else since this cache is only temporary. If you want to pick up one of the travel bugs left behind and help circulate them, please feel free to do so.

We’ll probably be taking it in late at night so that the animals don’t get to it, but we’ll try to have it out around 7AM keep it out until 9 or 10PM. We’ll also try to have some lights out there, but bring a flashlight if you are coming when it’s dark. The Cache will be out on the Saturday before Easter, and we’ll leave it up for several weeks.

Our family really enjoyed putting this Cache together. We hope you and your family enjoys finding it and enjoys the treats as well. Happy Caching!

The posting should publish on Saturday. We'll actually have it completely up by mid-morning.

What a lovely idea! Happy Easter!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Nice idea, and great that you are doing this.
    Welcome to the site!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Happy Easter! Wished we lived closer as I know Ms Amara would love this.

Im not interested in FTF, but am traveling south this weekend with my sons. Can you at least provide a town so that maybe I can arrange for the route to take me past with the boys?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Now I have to be the bearer of bad news. Maine publisher can't publish a temporary cache. As in one that would only be up for a few weeks. I think it needs to stay up at least for 3 months or so. The Christmas cache that has been placed for the last few year has stayed up for three plus months. That has always been acceptable. Now the idea of having an Easter cache is wonderful, and we may be able to stop on Sunday as we are traveling this weekend. Best of luck...
    Happy Trails!

I suppose you could always just not say that it is a temporary cache and go ahead and get it published and when you find the need to archive it just go ahead and archive it. Don't know why that wouldn't work. Just a thought.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I knew it wouldn't be long before that was brought up. I contacted them using PM and we talked about it there.

Everything is fine.

This is another great idea just like the Christmas cache.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

UPDATE:

Ekidokai was right, and very helpful yesterday. Thanks man. Thank-you everyone for your kind words and helpful advice. I did get a note from MainePublisher about rules compliance along with a helpful suggestion. Thus, I've made some changes and resubmitted this listing. No problem really. I want to make this available for everyone's fun and enjoyment for as long as possible.

To answer some of the other questions in the posting, the town is Livermore (not Livermore Falls). So if you are travelling down route 4, or crossing on 219 or 108, you'll be in the area.

Here's the updated listing info:

Easter Cache Maine - The Empty Tomb

In celebration of Easter, my family decided to put up a special temporary Cache in celebration of Easter. Every (first 225) Geocachers gets something. We’ve put together 225 Easter goodie bags with a little something for everyone of all ages.

The Cache is located just off the road at the end of a now defunct driveway. The home owners there have given permission, and won’t bother you if you don’t bother them. Easy parking right at the end of the driveway. The Cache is categorized as large.

The Cache will be accompanied by a treasure chest. The treasure chest contains little goodie packets for EVERY person who comes. Each packet contains chocolate eggs (yes, real chocolate, we didn’t cheap out), bubble gum, life savers, silly bands, erasers, COINS, and some pamphlets about Easter cheer. Please take a packet for EACH person on your team. We don’t want to be stuck with leftovers.

If you would like to leave travel bugs for us to circulate for you, please feel free to do so. Please don’t leave anything else, since we wish to give rather than receive. If you want to pick up one of the travel bugs left behind and help circulate them, please feel free to do so.

We’ll probably be taking the goodies in late at night so that the animals don’t get to it, but we’ll try to have it out around 7AM keep it out until 9 or 10PM. We’ll also try to have some lights out there, but bring a flashlight if you are coming when it’s dark. The Cache will be out on the Saturday before Easter, and we’ll leave it up at least for several months.

Our family really enjoyed putting this Cache together. We hope you and your family enjoys finding it and enjoys the treats as well. Happy Caching!
    .geoskeffs

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New Living Translation)

One other helpful tips:
    The GC tag is GC2TKXA
    The OC tag is OX2TKXA
    .geoskeffs

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New Living Translation)