vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Weekend

Red face Memorial Weekend

So with the first long weekend of the summer ahead. Does anyone have plans? We are heading to Cobscook By SP. Plan to do some major caching on Campobello Island on Sunday. Never cached there and I am looking forward to it. The weather is looking quite nice. Hoping to see a few old friends along the way too. A last minute decision to go, but it should be decent...
    Happy Trails!

We have our annual charity yard sale Friday and Saturday. After all the sorting and setting up we have done, I hope the weather holds up!

Sunday we may be recovering, but maybe we can get out caching Monday if it's a good day.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

of course Kevin has to work....but he was off yesterday , today and tomorrow. so we will enjoy all the sun while we can.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

We are heading to Mount Blue State Park.
    Blazing Troll

Yep, camping, hiking and caching in an 'undisclosed' location, where the BlackBerry will not work, so I won't either. Hoping to add to the Maine's World Tour series as well.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Brad . . . you've never cached on Campobello Island . . . oh, you're in for a real treat . . . Starz had some fantastic caches -- some short hikes, some longer . . . all very nice. I particularly liked the view from the two lighthouses (bring your camera) and the one with the stone sculpture in the middle of nowhere -- can't remember the name. Make sure to set some time aside to see FDR's summer "cottage" as well as this is quite interesting. Enjoy . . . Campobello is truly a special place . . . now if only I could convince Hiram to get his passport and we could do a caching run to PEI!

As for me . . . this weekend is an ATV weekend . . . I was going to squeeze in some caches . . . but I'm not sure I'll have enough time even though there are several caches along one of the trails we're doing.

Camp Jakeawana is officially open for the season and Hiram and his significant other will be coming down along with Hollora's #1 Son and Daughter-in-Law . . . and I've got a muggle ATVing friend staying over as well.

Saturday: We're ATVing somewhere in the Central Maine area . . . it was going to be in the Fairfield area, but the trails may still be closed. Later that evening we're doing a night ride on our local trail system.

Sunday: We're riding from Ellsworth to somewhere past Machias on the new Downeast Sunrise Trail . . . with gas stops, picture stops and perhaps lunch at Helen's or the Blueberry Restaurant in Machias.

Monday: The Club is hosting a pancake breakfast at the Unity House of Pizza from 7-10 a.m. . . . and several club members are riding and throwing candy at little children in the Unity Memorial Day Parade at 9 a.m.

All in all . . . a busy weekend.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Saturday, I'm attending a party for my parents - 50th wedding anniversary. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I'm working 11 hour shifts. Not a heck of a lot of time for caching.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Campobello Island is really great. I remember one cache in the middle of nowhere with some stone sculpture I couldn't find the cache, but the place was spectacular. I had only T-shirt and shorts and it was raining and freezing and I was in the middle of nowhere. Couple of hours back to my car. I was planning doing 50 caches there in a day, but ended up with just a few. Forget about park and grabs.

I'm planning caching in Canada on memorial weekend too, but I don't know where yet.
    Moo

Here is some photo gallery of my trip to Campobello Island https://picasaweb.google.com/canecky...landCanada2009
    I spent night at some Irish hotel on the US side and went caching next day. I've got my first international FTF there as well
    Moo

I loved Campobello. You will love it I am certain. I also did that cache with the " stone in the middle of nowhere" Do it. It is one third of a rainbow statue, one of which is on the most eastern, western and northern part of the US if I am not mistaken. Great walk out there and it is the tip of the US part of Campobello.We tried to get out there before dark and before the looming rain storm hit. We are going to the Deer Isle area if my grandkids are over the flu. They will be with me since their parents are both graduating from college this week. Have fun everyone.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."