vb:literal>

Thread: Is it me or... ?

Default Is it me or... ?

I've logged onto GC.com this morning and the site is acting rather slow. Any other site that I go to is responding normally, so I don't think it's me.

Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

It's acting crazy slow for me this morning too... Definitely not fun!

It has been slow up till now. I suspect it has something to do with the maintenance shutdown coming later today.

I agree, it is much faster now, I was able to post my finds from last night without getting frustrated!!

Isn't the maintenance next wednesday? not today?!?!

I did notice that when I did a search for my town and that pushed "map view" it automatically went to the "beta maps" with a link to "old map view" instead of the other way around. This may have been why it was slow this morning!

I had that happen yesterday! I couldn't even get a pocket query. I gave up and retried it a few hours later and all was well.
    I smell cache...

Maps were weird . . . both maps in the normal and beta map program would show me all caches . . . no Smileys . . . even when I tried to fix the settings . . . fixed itself later on.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

It's not your imagination, the site is experiencing a lot of load lately. But, there are changes on the way: "Geocaching.com will be going offline for 4-6 hours for a site update on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 at approximately 9am PDT (GMT -7). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

This is going to be a rather long outage, so load up and caching next Wednesday!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.