vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Membership Validation

Default Membership Validation

I just received Dubord's message regarding membership validation, so here's my post. I know how much of a chore it can be to moderate and administrate a forum site, so I certainly understand the need. Thanks for doing this.

I just joined this month. I want to also say how much I appreciate this community of cachers. The responses and advice we received for our Easter cache was very helpful and affirmative. I am glad we finally joined this site. As a member, I feel validated. (how's that for a tie-back? Corny, I know.)
    .geoskeffs

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New Living Translation)

Validate, validate, validate.

responding,responding!!!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

heh...iam always here hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Here's the reason for this. Any bulk emails sent out now result in a lot of "bounce backs" due to inactive email addresses or folks that moved on or have changed their email addresses. Several hundred bouncebacks, or worse, make a lot of work for the site administrators thus the reasoning for asking folks to "subcribe" to things like the newsletter. Once this is cleaned up, there will be no need to ask folks to subscribe to receive anything that is published on this site, a result the board enthusiastically endorses. I volunteered to be the recipient of the bounce backs as it's something I pushed for and seems to be within my limited computer skills. No need to do anything or send me a note if all is well with your account.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Here's the reason for this. Any bulk emails sent out now result in a lot of "bounce backs" due to inactive email addresses or folks that moved on or have changed their email addresses. Several hundred bouncebacks, or worse, make a lot of work for the site administrators thus the reasoning for asking folks to "subcribe" to things like the newsletter. Once this is cleaned up, there will be no need to ask folks to subscribe to receive anything that is published on this site, a result the board enthusiastically endorses. I volunteered to be the recipient of the bounce backs as it's something I pushed for and seems to be within my limited computer skills. No need to do anything or send me a note if all is well with your account.
    Do you really think I could resist replying? I mean *REALLY*!!!

I thought that was a spam virus email......

Where the hell is that thing?

ditto domini ditto

validate me!
    I smell cache...

Smile validate membership

Please validate my membership
    Thanks