vb:literal>

Thread: Hello to friends... new and old...

Default Hello to friends... new and old...

Hey gang..
    It's been quite awhile since I checked in & caught up on the caching scene.
    Reason being: caching alone is kinda boring and now I have a new "cache mate"
    Although she hasn't registered here yet (I'm working on it) I'd like to welcome and introduce MsKhavingfun to the group.
    She accompanied me to my cache (Roque Rocks GC274C) for fall maintenance and fell in love with caching.. 30 or so caches later I helped her establish a new one (Crane Mountain Cache GC2V9NC)---Published but hasn't been logged yet!!
    So you'll prolly be hearing & seeing more of me (us) in the not to distant future. Maybe we can hit an event this summer. Sure would like to have an "eyeball meeting" with some fellow cachers.
    Kathy & I are both ham operators as I'm sure many of you are. Just another fun thing to get involved with.
    So for now... 73, Stay safe & Happy Caching..
    Jon...RubiconJW
    --... ...-- de N1MLF Echolink #21843

Talking Welcome back!!

That great that you found a new caching partner. Yes definitely try and make an event sometime. I hold my Last Cache Bashe of Summer the Saturday after Labor Day every year. There are several others coming up soon. Keep an eye on the front page here for all the latest event postings. I also recommend subscribing to the newsletter and it will also keep you up to date if you don't check in often. Lots of changes here and there are more to come.
    Happy Trails!

Welcome back!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Thanks for the notes folks.
    The cache we set on cranes mount6ain was in a way replacing a cache owned by Maine Hillbilly. We retrieved a cache he had set as well as a second one of his he wished to have removed. After a whole bunce of e-mails with Thomas and Lee (the original cache owner) it was agreed to have me re-establish the one on cranes mountain and let the other one drop out of existance... for good reasons..
    Anyhoo...catch ya on the trail...JW
    --... ...-- de N1MLF Echolink #21843