vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE: Two way radios

I have a pair of the Motorola XTN series XV2100 VHF radios that I would part with for a reasonable offer. Only one charger (desk type). The radios also have the nice heavy duty belt clip holster. These worked great for hunting and have better range than the FRS type radios. They have the rechargeable nickel metal hydride battery but will also work with 4 AA batteries.

Let me know if your interested. They sold back when for over 300.00 and you can still buy them from Ebay etc. Like I said, a somewhat reasonable offer. I don't use them anymore and they are just sitting around.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    I have a pair of the Motorola XTN series XV2100 VHF radios that I would part with for a reasonable offer. Only one charger (desk type). The radios also have the nice heavy duty belt clip holster. These worked great for hunting and have better range than the FRS type radios. They have the rechargeable nickel metal hydride battery but will also work with 4 AA batteries.

Let me know if your interested. They sold back when for over 300.00 and you can still buy them from Ebay etc. Like I said, a somewhat reasonable offer. I don't use them anymore and they are just sitting around.
    I might be . . . can you add on a speaker/headset with these radios or not?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

There is an accessory/microphone jack that will take most if not all of the Motorola items. I know there is a speaker/microphone and different headset configurations that are available.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Saturday I saw a first at Ocean State Job Lot.........it was PFD Lifejackets with two way waterproof radios mounted in them. Saw some mud holes in Aroostook County where those might have been handy........then again, probably Hiram should have had on retrieving that cache LOL!

Ralph and I have a set of Kenwoods and you can get the collar mike clip/speaker microphone for these (I looked in the book). We got them through Atlantic Communications but I am sure others carry Kenwood. W have had them quite a while and they work great. Can't remember the range but it's a ways - UBZ-LF14 is the one we have.