vb:literal>

Thread: Scrapbooking Your Caching Adventures

Hybrid View

Default Scrapbooking Your Caching Adventures

I know I’m not the only geocacher who visits our site who loves geocaching and scrapbooking. So, here’s a place where we can share our two passions.

I’m not an expert at photography nor scrapping (nor caching, for that matter) but I’ll share some of my pages in hopes that you’ll be encouraged to post some of yours.

Yes, I’m aware that some of you have no interest in putting some scraps of paper together with some photos in an album – yet you can still enjoy a visual presentation of caches you have also found, or hidden, beautiful locations you have discovered, and geopals you care about.

Here are some basic ideas to get you started if you’ve never scrapped a page before. Your ideas and comments will make my day - especially if you post some of your pages.
    Appreciate everyone who has ever come into your life- for some come in as a blessing and others come in as a lesson.

Telling the Story

Sometimes you might want a page with few embellishments; letting the photos speak for themselves.

Other times, you may be in the mood for a more complex presentation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quoddy.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	980 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Congrats 57.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	979

Often the photograph will encourage one style or the other. Compare these two pages, for instance. One is quite simple; expressing the beautiful simplicity of the scene. The other has a lot going on – just like the conversations at the celebratory party event.
    Last edited by brdad; 05-05-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Appreciate everyone who has ever come into your life- for some come in as a blessing and others come in as a lesson.

Adding More Detail
    You may want to add even more information or visual appeal to your page. This can be done in a variety of ways. Some of my favorite methods are:

Name:	Dylan's Dam.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	981

Adding the GC number
    Adding the Cache description
    Adding your log
    Adding the logs of other cachers
    Adding your handwritten or typed notes

Adding Other Embellishments
    There are, of course, many ways of adding your own personal touches to your pages. Consider, for example, adding some of these:

ticket stubs, trail maps, brochures, embroidery, folded paper, cutouts or stickers

Any of these items will add interest to your pages and will be a great reminder later of why you enjoyed the cache or the cache location and why you chose to scrapbook that particular cache hunt.

Name:	Beachie's Island.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	982 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old 470.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	983
    Last edited by brdad; 05-05-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Or, as you see here:

Name:	What a House 2.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	984 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Embossed Trees.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	985
    Last edited by brdad; 05-05-2011 at 02:36 PM.

A Big Story
    There are times when one page simply will not tell the big story of a particular cache, or cache location, or caching trip, or cache event. Go ahead and make two or more pages - you'll be happy you did when looking at your album in years to come. When other cachers look at your work, it will be obvious that this was an outstanding memory for you. Scrapping is, after all, for sharing.

Name:	Horseshoe Bend 2.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	986 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horseshoe Bend 1.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	987
    Last edited by brdad; 05-05-2011 at 02:35 PM.

These are great!!! Thanks for posting the pages!