After reading all these posts, especially Hollora's new one and Dan's, and the private messages i shared with Dave, i would like to speak for what I, as a donating member, would like to see:
1) The option to receive the group email as a button which cachers can accept or opt out.
2) The board members minutes in each edition, in brief summary. Include votes, but not names of who said yay or nay. Let us members know what is going on. What are the issues with the board and the community? What decisions are you making on my behalf.
3) Endorse all charitable events: I am all for Relay for life and appreciate the work Daniel and Dave have done. But I also have my own charities which are near and dear to me, which I feel are of no less value. I have 2 autistic step grandchildren, and I have an intense passion for Alzheimer's disease. I think we need to embrace all events: human, animal, and earth.
4) I would like to see other board members from a few other regions. You have the majority in the Bangor area. I think it's important to have diversity of area/region, and of walks of life. Business, lawyers, teachers, medical, blue collar, white collar, industry, corporate, home makers, disabled, enabled...just to name a few. We all have different views and values for our areas and selves.
5) What is the process of election to the board? Is there a re-election process to weed out dead weight or control?