vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Question for Members

Wink In the beginning

I remember the event we all attended and spoke to Rick about his website. It was much smaller then and Rick was looking for some guidance on a few issues and he decided to ask a few people to help out. Thus the advisory board was formed. Now the site is growing and we are going through a few growing pains. This board seems to want to make a lot of changes, all for the good of the site and the geo-community, but change takes time and is not always easy. Some push back on change while others push forward with great tenacity. Unfortunately Dan could not proceed and the board and site will suffer from the loss of his vision, and ideas. We will all carry on and move this website forward into the future. Some of the posts here were made without knowing all of the facts, and some of your answers can be found with a little digging into the older threads. The board has posted it's most recent activities and will continue to do so in the future.

Thanks to everyone who has come to this thread and posted your opinion. It is appreciated by this board member. I am proud to serve on the board, and with the other members on it. I will be glad to discuss anything I have done and will try to do in the months, with any of you.

The site has dedicated a prominent space on the home page, top right to promote the Relay for Life. I hope you all click on it and see what the Maine Geocachers are up to.....again.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    I saw that 2000 number on Dan's post, too, and wondered where that number came from. It appears there are 1886 registered users at the moment, and I suppose there are some who visit that don't register. However, I wondered how many of the registered profiles are "active". Easy enough to figure out since you can go to the member list and sort by last visit date. So, of the 1886 members:
    Just 278 have visited in the last 30 days
    300 in the last 60
    316 in the last 90
    360 since 1/1/11
    570 in the last year
    791 since 1/1/10
    1003 since 1/1/09
    and 883 that haven't visited since 2008 back to 2004.

I don't think this is a 2000 member organization.
    Agreed Barry and to weed out the list would be reasonable housekeping. Perhaps this is being worked on.

Certainly have not forgotten the original purpose of the Board. I am just a bit surprised with the progress the board purpose has remained the same. It's ok -but I would have suspected things would have changed a bit. Indeed they did as we now have more Mods and know who they are (a good thing).

Team2Hunt - thanks for reminding folks of the history. I am feeling old remembering that meeting in under that roof. Much progress has been made and you are very right - there are always growing pains. In 2012 the group I belong too will hold out 74th annual show - and each year we learn, we have pains, we grow......and have challenges. This is life.

Thanks to all who are serving and did serve this year. Significant changes have happened since I first came here in 12/2005. There is much work to do and challenges ahead. Working together we can achieve many things.

Thanks for posting the Relay Link - the Maine Geocachers have been significant fund raisers for several years. It is not the dollars - it is the support, the mission and the sense of doing good.........and the dollars just seem to take care of themselves.

Cache on - cache happy folks.

Less drama, more caching . . . that's my suggestion.

Oh yeah, you can also add the Beer for Hiram Fund to the list of deserving non-profits.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."