vb:literal>

Thread: That Time of Year I Guess...

Hybrid View

Angry That Time of Year I Guess...

I received an email this morning about a one of my coins being in the possession of a collector. This person apparently has a username just for collecting coins. They've logged no caches but as you can see, have 50 of them in their collection. And thats just the ones they've actually logged. Is it even worth contacting Groundspeak to have their account shut down?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Assuming this guy is playing wrong, someone needs to log 10 coins into a cache near him and wait for him to come!
    Not sure what the best course of action is, either. If his account is shut down, he still has the coins!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Contacting Groundspeak is a good idea. They should be able to help you out one way or the other.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Read his log entries when he "grabs" a coin. He's nothing more than a thief.

Read his log entries when he "grabs" a coin. He's nothing more than a thief. And since his "grabs" are recent, and in a metropolitan area like New York, I think we can expect a lot more coins to go missing.

It's people like this that are making people like me stop putting trackables out there.

Default Geocoin Thief

I am wondering if he even has the coins. Read the logs, they are all on the same date and all over the place. One of them he grabbed from Australia, another one he grabbed from a cache that I have been to and has been disabled for some time due to tree clearing in the area. So does he actually have them or is he just logging that he has them. Either way he is an *****. Hopefully your coin shows up somewhere, I know I have stopped putting coins out due to people grabbing them and not moving them. Very unfortunate that there are people like that out there ruining our game and the excitement of finding a coin in a cache.