vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Question for Members

Default A Question for Members

I have a question for all of the members of geocachingmaine.org. Not long ago we had a new election of board members and I've seen some changes in the lay-out and format of the site. It appears there is new energy, new ideas, and I welcome those positive changes. It's like spring has sprung.

But I'm not really clear about how the new board works. Are votes taken? If a new idea comes along does the board discuss it and take a vote just like every other board? Or is one board member's vote more important than any others? Is there any one person who has been declared omnipotent and ides are OK as long as they are the same as his?

Rick has done great job of generally staying out of the fray of most controversies in the past and has let the board handle issues. Personally, I've been content with the board's decisions because I have been under the impression that the board votes and comes to an agreement "as a board". This is totally as it should be.

Do all you other members have that same impression?

Oh my.....as I read what I posted above it would appear that I was targeting Rick. Please understand that I was not referring to Rick at all, or in any way, by asking my question. He's been the one shining light over the years. I'm just asking how the board makes its decisions on an issue, whether it's a group decision, or whether any one board member can be an obstruction to the process. Whew.....hope I'm clear on that.

I didn't get the impression you had targeted Rick.

my thoughts when we originally elected the board and now are that the board was elected to help rick better represent the intrests of the general geocaching community. How Rick and the board do that is up to them. What I think should happen or would like to see happen is irrelevant. IMHO....
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I think that this question would be better answered by the board members. What we think may not be the reality.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

The reason I am asking is just that. There are some things happening behind the scenes that most don't know about. Out of respect for the board (they're all great people) and respect for this site I'm consciously choosing not to open a can of worms here. Time to open a different thread.

I think your question is directed to the board and you can ask them directly.

I like most of the changes.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    The reason I am asking is just that. There are some things happening behind the scenes that most don't know about. Out of respect for the board (they're all great people) and respect for this site I'm consciously choosing not to open a can of worms here. Time to open a different thread.
    If only we had some sort of newsletter that we could post in the public eye, perhaps on the front page. And we could put in it all the goings on of the website...........

heh, don't you know by now that around here you can't open a can of worms without opening the bait cooler....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    If only we had some sort of newsletter that we could post in the public eye, perhaps on the front page. And we could put in it all the goings on of the website...........

heh, don't you know by now that around here you can't open a can of worms without opening the bait cooler....
    . . . and you can't go fishing without a beer . . . right Hiram?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Dan clearly titled this thread, " a question for members " and I think he is looking for some honest feedback about what you thought when you elected the board. Not sure what answers he is going to get or was looking for.

Glad to see the support that Dan and the Relay for Life is getting on the front page, with the link. If you haven't clicked on it, please do and check out what the Maine Geocachers are doing for a great cause.

I have no secrets in my personal life, as well as in serving on this website's board. It is not in any agenda, of this website to keep anything from it's members. All you have to do is ask one of us.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.