vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Appalachian trail caches

Quote Originally Posted by hollora
    Did I just see your Dad on the news? Praise the Lord he is out of there safe and sound if so! God Bless him!
    He got back late last night, and is happy to be home. You'd think that when someone retires they try to relax, not leave the next week for an adventure like that!!!

When they were showing the chick at the airport looking for the family, I kept saying where's Andy??? I don't see him! Then fell promptly asleep so didn't know until yesterday pm that all was well. But am glad to hear it.
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Huh . . . I never put two and two together to figure out that the guy was your Dad Andy . . . I'm still waiting to hear if a friend of my wife's has got his wife and 2-year out of Lebanon . . . last I knew his wife and daughter were still stuck there.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

To be honest, I'm surprised that there are ANY caches on the AT. Technically, the AT and it's corridor IS a national park. National park = NO CACHES.

I've spent more time on the AT than I have geocaching, though I will admit, I have done both at the same time. : )

There are parts of the AT that are so overused that it's a disaster. Other parts, on the other hand, are so underused that the land virtually threatens to erase the trails completely.

I'm willing to guess that geocachers (going geocaching) on the AT amounts to SO little extra traffic that it's barely even measurable. Even one week of spring break students hitting the trail at the same time probably amounts to more damage and erosion than ten years worth of geocachers ever could do.

Regardless, it may not be the best place for a cache?