vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Acts 2:38

Default Who is Acts 2:38

Anyone know who the new cacher hider Act 2:38 is thats placing caches around Hampden/ Winterport area? They just started their account last month, don't have a single find but are up to 12 hides. The thing that I don't get is their cache descriptions are shorter than some finders smartphone logs. There's just nothing...I'd consider a FTF run this morning as their caches are getting published if I had some idea as to what the heck i was running for on a rainy sunday morning.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I have been wondering the same thing. They have the cache on the Hamm rd that appears to be on private property and they have not responded to Dan's or mine note. Their caches so far are easy but the no cache description thing needs to be outlawed.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

From what I've read on some of the logs, there are no paper logs in the caches or at least nothing in some of them to log the cache. There is a religious tract of some type. I'm sure there are a bunch of people caching who won't be offended to find the tract but a paper log would be a good thing to have in a cache unless you're being devious and hiding false caches near the actual cache. We found one of those, hidden by SeriousTool, that was a really neat idea and a well hidden cache.

My thoughts were more along the lines of someone setting up a collection of caches that were intended for coin collecting. I'm not a religious person so I had to look it up.

ACTS 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

At first I was thinking the religious login could have two possible meanings but not all the caches are right by water so that ruled out one train of thought. The only other thing that comes to mind as almost no effort was put into the caches, that this person is putting a serious of "net" caches out to collect trackables and the religious name is a way of saying "I don't care as I'll still be forgiven for my sins". Kind of sad if thats the case. I may do the caches down the road if they stay active for a while, but I wouldn't be dropping trackables in them just in case.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I'd like to think that someone from Maine wouldn't do that but we're seeing more and more things happen here in Maine that just didn't happen a few years ago. We don't get into the area where the caches are often so we'll not log them any time soon. We also quit placing trackable into circulation, not willing to buy them to just lose them to someone without morals.

I did several of their caches this morning and many are just GRCs, plain and simple. Although several of those are along a stream and are very pleasant to visit. The one on the Hamm Rd. I can only assume that he/she may have just transposed the coordinates. It has happened to the best of us I guess. Not sure what the lack of response is all about, but I guess there is a reason. All in all they are OK caches. And the new ones this morning had logs, that is unless Upsalquith put them in there before I got to them. That I don't know...
    Happy Trails!

Sometimes some positive comment about the fact the cacher is hiding caches for us combined with some of "it might be better is you put logs in them" would be helpful. I remember logging a find on the first cache I placed and a "gentle nudge" from Brad that normally that doesn't happen. Haven't done that since! Quick study, huh? Has anybody invited the new cacher to become a member here and learn the tricks of the trade?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

After their first hides had no logs in them and some of us pointed that out they did put logs in their next set of hides. The caches I have done by them are not really big enough for coins or trackables.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

My thought when I first saw these come up is that it mmight be a church youth group...if so they may not be checking the internet to often. Just a thought.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

When the first batch of caches were publish a couple weeks ago, I sent a complaint email of sorts back on the 2nd to MainePublisher pretty much asking what the deal was with Acts. Got the response:
    "Greetings inhUMaine,
    I am working with this new cacher to understand the intent of the guidelines.
    MainePublisher"
    Figured it'd be better to email him than to complain to a new cacher who might not really know what he's doing. Hopefully the quality of any hides put out by Acts increases in the future.