vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Acts 2:38

Tried to contact this person and have no response yet. I think I know a little more about things but will wait until I make contact.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Unhappy

I noticed Acts published another batch of high quality finds.

Curious, do the caches fall under this section of the Groundspeak guidelines?
    4. Solicitation and Commercial Content
    Geocaches do not solicit for any purpose. Geocaches perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is intended to be a light and enjoyable family-friendly hobby, not a platform for an agenda.

I don't see any mention of the new caches that would suggest solicitation of any kind. And a few have already been favorited by the FTFr.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

The caches do need to meet the guidelines in effect when published. While the reviewers do review the cache page listing, they do not visit each cache and examine the container. If you believe the cache page has issues to address, contact the reviewer that published the cache, usually listed as the first log entry. Concerns regarding the cache contents should be directed to Groundspeak. http://support.groundspeak.com/index...=kb.page&id=93
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I don't see any mention of the new caches that would suggest solicitation of any kind. And a few have already been favorited by the FTFr.
    They all contain brochures containing religious beliefs and are each signed by Acts and have have Calvery Apolstalic Church hand written on them. This round has included religious mini cds of parts of the bible. Some of the brochures are antagonistic to other religions.

And a few have already been favorited by the FTFr.
    I spoke with the FTF r about this just today. He is using his 200plus points to favorite all his FTF. Its not about quality. Thats how he has chosen to use his FTF points.

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    They all contain brochures containing religious beliefs and are each signed by Acts and have have Calvery Apolstalic Church hand written on them. This round has included religious mini cds of parts of the bible. Some of the brochures are antagonistic to other religions.
    I'd imagine Groundspeak is less strict on contents than the actual cache page. Trade up - take crap, leave a Mctoy! As Tat suggested, maybe someone should email Groundspeak and get an official opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    I spoke with the FTF r about this just today. He is using his 200 plus points to favorite all his FTF. Its not about quality. Thats how he has chosen to use his FTF points.
    All I can say is ........ Sheesh!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'd imagine Groundspeak is less strict on contents than the actual cache page. Trade up - take crap, leave a Mctoy! As Tat suggested, maybe someone should email Groundspeak and get an official opinion.

All I can say is ........ Sheesh!
    Or just take out all the stuff from their religion and put in something from another religion or Atheist documentation. I hate when people try to push their religion on someone else. Religion is great for those that have their own beliefs. No one religion is better than any other and you shouldn't be tricked into receiving propaganda when finding a cache.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I'm sure in their mind they "Are just spreading the good word". I agree that a geocache isn't the best place to do that. Does it bother me, no not really. I'm not there to be saved as such, I'm there for a smiley. I guess if the leaflets in a cache bothers anyone they do have the option to simply not do the caches by Acts. Filter them out or just don't go. I rather doubt that Groundspeak will offer much opinion on this subject. The container is owned by the cacher and not Groundspeak after all. I would think religious paraphernalia would fall under free speech and not as something offensive. Just my two cents.
    Happy Trails!

I don't like to have any religion forced on me, or any other beliefs in a cache. But 'forced' to me is a strong word. To me having this stuff in a cache is not much different than business cards, coupons for Dunkin Donuts, or similar stuff in a cache - the biggest difference being this is the owner placing it in the cache and it sounds like the majority of the items originally placed into it. When any of us place a cache, we often put items in we like or that we think others would like (unless we're the type that are just getting rid of our crap).

This is an interesting topic. It's be interesting to know what other people feel about it. To me, cache contents are much less of a concern to me than the quality of the cache itself. Of course, good contents can increase the quality of a cache...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!