vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Tentative Date for Tread Lightly ATV/Geo Event in The County

Default RE: Tentative Date for Tread Lightly ATV/Geo Event in The County

We had a blast last year so I figure we may as well do the same place . . . but perhaps try out some different trails and hopefully find some new caches.

Right now I don't have many details . . . but I'm tentatively scheduling this event for August 27th since I think Hiram's Tread Lightly event will be at the start of the month.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

make sure to let the newsletter editor know so it can be posted well ahead of time hehe...
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

CherCacher and VicBiker are a bit consumed right now but the 27th was the date I had marked for their "Friends In the Field" event in So Maine. We all have lots of interests so this may be fine - maybe we could pass the hat at the the event. I hope I have the same generous opportunity to participate this year. It was a BLAST and I even have my own new helmet!

Well.... The 27th is the Folk Festival weekend. And as I have no ATV. Hmmm Not sure if I will make that or not. Plus I will have been in Seattle the weekend before. But I would like to, of course...
    Happy Trails!

Seattle? I think the current weather here in Maine should have you properly acclimated for what folks in Seattle "enjoy" much of the time. Scheduling conflicts with Maine events during out summer months are impossible to avoid. The ATV event sounded like a blast last year, but I no longer have a 4 wheeler. I do have a gas operated blender, tequilla, triple sec and limes though.....
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Seattle? I think the current weather here in Maine should have you properly acclimated for what folks in Seattle "enjoy" much of the time. Scheduling conflicts with Maine events during out summer months are impossible to avoid. The ATV event sounded like a blast last year, but I no longer have a 4 wheeler. I do have a gas operated blender, tequilla, triple sec and limes though.....
    Hmmm . . . gotta ask Hiram . . . we have a head chef, maybe he would like a bartender for this event.

For the record, anyone is welcome to attend . . . with or without an ATV . . . just to say hi, camp, etc. . . . you can always hike or grab local caches while other folks are out riding.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    OK - Dan, if they go back to the same campground you would love it - lots of room for the Cabella B&B with lounge! We were in a great secluded area and had a ton of fun.

Lots of caching to do either by 4 wheeler or vehicle. I would be entertaining sharing a car pool arrangement with someone again. As for the wheeler - I don't have one either so would have to buddy, stay campside or hope someone else was caching by vehicle.

It was a ton of fun and I hope I can do it again. Post it Jakeo - they will come. Same for Hiram!

I would like to go this year but if the Festival is in Bangor that weekend then the Festival may win.
    Blazing Troll

RULost2? and I are also considering going. W bought an ATV last summer, and really enjoyed the few trips we went on. We're now looking for a better trailer (those that accompanied us on the Kennebec River Ride last year know why...) and if we get one at a very low price, we'll be on the road.

The thing about tentative dates is that they're tentative . . . newest tentative date is July 16-17th. Still thinking about going to The County . . . at this point I only have to double check on the dates with the campground.