vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White jeeps

d’76 Guest

Default White jeeps

If anyone goes to the GC.com web site take alook around the Brewer area caches. Some of them say that theres White Jeeps in them and people are logging them as not there. I wonder where they could be going?? any one have any suggestions.

After further research on the GC.com page maybe the white jeeps and the yellow jeeps are just hanging out together. Seems like this is a hot ticket item and maybe folks shouldn't expect to find them in caches. 8 are missing statewide. Thats a big number considering only a few more than that report having them at all.

Maybe these are collectors items and I misunderstood. Should I get myself one?
    Last edited by d’76; 07-07-2005 at 07:25 PM.

Not sure Dave. We have found 2 so far. One last month(Luvyna) in Bingham and one this month in Belfast(Jeffery). We released Luvyna after we took our pics for this month's contest and will do the same with Jeffery soon. Has anyone else posted pics for the contest. Would love to see them. Ours is http://www.geocaching.com/track/log....3-42334a1226d1.

Thanks

I've got one that I picked up at Rick's event in Litchfield a couple of weeks ago but I am waiting to put it in a new cache that I am working on so look for one coming into the Skowhegan area soon. It's name is Melynda.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Swim for this one!

I dropped off one in Coos Canyon. You may have to swim for it, especially if it's as hot as last weekend!

Default ummmmmm

I have 2 that I will be placing in the Portland area this weekend - I have been unintentionally slow in getting them launched. Perhaps these are not part of the 8 that you reference since I have made the initial placement yet.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

d’76 Guest

What I mean is That they are really missing. Placed one day and a cacher goes to get it the next day or so and Its gone. Not a log stating that someone took it lately and will place it soon just gone or been missing for months.

Here are the ones that I'm talking about:

Dyselexias Nitemare
    Indian Trial
    Josh Chamberlain
    Brewer High School Adv. Math Class
    Maine Resident Rock Star
    Low's Bridge
    Thompson Island
    Machias... A place to remember

Dave
    Last edited by d’76; 07-07-2005 at 08:16 PM.

I placed a Jeep in Prospect Mountain View cache in NH on Sunday and it was missing the next day and no one has logged it yet. I hope it doesn't come up amongst the missing.

Default White Jeeps

I have sent two out so far, doing OK. "Marlow" has been to 4 caches and is logged out now. "Lay" has been picked up and properly logged at the moment. So hope they continue on their adventures. Course you never know they can disappear just as quickly. That's a chance with all TB's. I have a TB "Official Maine Lighthouse" that has been travelling around in England for a year and a half and has lots of pics at lighthouses,castles and even in Bath, England. Just never know.

YOP

Quote Originally Posted by dave 1976
    Dyselexias Nitemare
    Indian Trial
    Josh Chamberlain
    Brewer High School Adv. Math Class
    Maine Resident Rock Star
    Low's Bridge
    Thompson Island
    Machias... A place to remember

Dave
    I have info on two of those, and for the record, they are both yellow jeeps...Thompson Island was one that I placed and I have emailed the people who picked it up and there's been no response. I figure this one is long gone unless they decide to log it some day...I think they might have also taken the Road2Ruin Yellow Geocoin.

Machias... A place to remember... picked up today! Yay! It's on it's way to Canada with me tomorrow!
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 07-07-2005 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker Twins
    I placed a Jeep in Prospect Mountain View cache in NH on Sunday and it was missing the next day and no one has logged it yet. I hope it doesn't come up amongst the missing.
    This Jeep TB was logged yesterday. Yeah!