vb:literal>

Thread: Highest Elevation Land-based Cache Finally Gets an FTF!

Default Highest Elevation Land-based Cache Finally Gets an FTF!

Quite a story!

Earth's Roof - Mount Everest Peak (Earthcache)(Not chosen) (GC2BX63) by K!nder (5/5)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

And when you read his log you wonder why he was able to log it after being foolish enough to solo the summit and suffer snowblindness and then run out of oxygen. And it's his only find?

I noticed it was his only find, I'm guessing he did not just do it because it was on his nearest list. The big question is, how can other caches measure up? Often a cacher's first finds are what defines caching to them, now every other cache is likely to be lame!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Either that or he's gonna love nanos in guardrails.

No matter how high my numbers ever get, I will never surpass the experience of his one and only find. Great story to read on his blog.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

My bets are that a year from know he will still only have the 1 find and he is useing GC.com as a was to tell more people to " look at what I did" . I may be wrong but With the work SPONSOR in his name it seems there could be another goal here.

Default Our first find surpassed him....

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    No matter how high my numbers ever get, I will never surpass the experience of his one and only find. Great story to read on his blog.
    I will never forget our first find and the look on 1manteam's face when he found it. And the 2nd find when Troy said to me, " Dad I think I found the cache ", " How do you know? " I asked..." I'm standing on it ". There was a foot of new snow on the ground and it was not clearly visible. In just those first few finds, I surpassed this one cacher's experience and it was only 400' above sea level.

Each and every one of us most likely has a favorite cache or funny story to tell, and I'm guessing our experiences will rival any find.

Cache on!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

You're right. This guy is not a Geocacher who decided they would go find the Mt. Everest Cache.... this guy is a mountain climber who never cached before in his life. I'm not getting myself excited about his "find".

Just read his found log on the listing:

"I summited Mount Everest via the South Col route on May 15, 2011 (5:30am). I ended up solo'ing the summit and went snow blind on top. I descended alone and without vision and then ran out of oxygen at 27,500'. However with the continued will to live and a miracle from God I was able to make it down safely."

If anyone else had found this, they would be writing a lot more and saying some different things in the log. I know for sure my log would be quite long, and it would have the letters "FTF" in it

Look at this log. Must be a back dated log:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.a...f-38f46e565f18

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?g...b-64eda3eddabb

His log and caching life seem more believable