vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnout – When It’s Just Not Fun Anymore

Default Burnout – When It’s Just Not Fun Anymore

I've always enjoyed the articles at the Geocacher University website, but have not checked in for some time. Team V3 posted this to his facebook page and it was quite interesting.

Burnout – When It’s Just Not Fun Anymore
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I've always enjoyed the articles at the Geocacher University website, but have not checked in for some time. Team V3 posted this to his facebook page and it was quite interesting.

Burnout – When It’s Just Not Fun Anymore
    Yes - a good article. And I know exactly how the author feels. And I remember the days when geocachers would exclaim "We never would have found this beautiful spot if it weren't for geocaching". And how many of us even bother to carry a bag of "swag" anymore? LOL!

RULost2? got a GEICO Gecko yesterday, and although we promised to place it in a cache as soon as possible, we hesitate to let it go because it will only be a short time before it goes into someone's collection. Of the 25 or so TBs/coins we've released, only 2-3 are currently active. Why bother?

Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    RULost2? got a GEICO Gecko yesterday, and although we promised to place it in a cache as soon as possible, we hesitate to let it go because it will only be a short time before it goes into someone's collection. Of the 25 or so TBs/coins we've released, only 2-3 are currently active. Why bother?

Sheesh!
    I did because I did promise I would put it out. Rules is rules, and I like to follow them at least 90% of the time.
    However, I didn't promise that I would not engrave "brdad" onto the entire front of the tag (as well as on the rear). So I did. I hesitated doing it to the front, but am glad I did - The engraving only penetrated the outer 'clear' layer - at most angles it is virtually invisible, but at other angles you can see it scratched into the surface. That won't keep people from taking it, but they won't be taking a perfect one. They are hard to take a picture of, too - but this one shows it close.

Another possible way to preserve the tag is to print out a copy of it (along with the number to log it) and attach that to the TB. This has been done with coins and is often frowned upon, it is too bad we even have to consider taking these actions to keep a TB alive. It was suggested in national chat to embed the TB tag and a brick in acrylic, or if a person wanted to get real extreme, a cinder block!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gecko2.JPG 
Views:	414 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	995  
    Last edited by brdad; 06-03-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default And in other news

Still don't have my Gecko

But this is interesting: Don't tell your peoblems to people: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them

Just what is a peoblem?
    Happy Trails!

Dang, I've been Pammed!

Peoblem is now fixed.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

kevin and i saw that the other day but we were nice and didnt pick on you all in the same day! Thanks Brad!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Like all activities, time often changes the nature of the game, the purpose of the game, the way the game is played and the way the game is perceived. The ability to adapt, adjust and accept really determines whether folks stay in the game or move on. We're lucky here in Maine. Our terrrain is widely varied, we have an "ocean", mountains, a dessert and even a couple of very well developed urban areas so the variety is what keeps Di and I enthused about the game. Last weekend Di siimply said she wanted to see the ocean, so that's where we went. With a couple of exceptions, the caches were rather ordinary except for all the religious pamphlets. But we saw the ocean, spent a nice day together and as always, enjoyed the game we call caching. I won't burn out but it's hard to sustain the initial enthusiasm most new cachers bring to the game..

As far as TB's, I initially spent big bucks foolishly placing 20 and 30 dollar coins into circulation. Learned very early on about what a poor decision that was. I still place an occasional bit of swag and sometimes coins in caches, but not often. Too bad that some players think nothing of anybody but themselves.

Feeling in a funk, how about making a killer cache and hiding it for the rest of us? That always works for me!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

See i cache or should I say "WE" cache for another reason other than the "thrill of the hunt" or the "swag". Those things are fun of course but Kevin and I cache as a way of spending some quality time together. we combine our caching with other things we love...hunting...fishing...camping....picnics. Thats why it is always something new and fun...because we do it for the time we spend together.

As far as TB's go.....I learned long long ago never gamble with money you cant afford to loose....same thing goes for the geocoins and TB's they should be fun...when they stop being fun I wont do them anymore.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Feeling in a funk, how about making a killer cache and hiding it for the rest of us? That always works for me!
    With yours and Di's caching capabilities, you're only a day away from 4K!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Read this article some time ago. Interesting but some people just give up too easy and others are looking for something other than what they are finding. If each trek becomes and adventure it will always be be new and exciting.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.