vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White jeeps

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    If anyone goes to the GC.com web site take alook around the Brewer area caches. Some of them say that theres White Jeeps in them and people are logging them as not there. I wonder where they could be going?? any one have any suggestions.

After further research on the GC.com page maybe the white jeeps and the yellow jeeps are just hanging out together. Seems like this is a hot ticket item and maybe folks shouldn't expect to find them in caches. 8 are missing statewide. Thats a big number considering only a few more than that report having them at all.

Maybe these are collectors items and I misunderstood. Should I get myself one?
    I placed 4 White Jeeps, and all are still accounted for. I think what happened - as I initially feared - is that some people placed Jeeps in caches without logging them so as to be a surprise to the finder. But with so many new cachers, who may not be familiar with the Jeep TB's, they are keeping them as souvenirs.

Just my "gut feeling"...

As many of us know why participated in last years "Jeep event", a lot of Jeeps went missing real fast...

We picked up White Jeep "Rapere" at "Slipping into summer". It's still travelling. The log is at http://tinyurl.com/7wa3o and our photo at http://tinyurl.com/7347n. We knew when we placed the jeep that it was going into good hands since it went hand to hand to BlueGrass Gyrl right at a cache. <G>

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

My cache, Dyslexic Nightmare, has indicated there is a yellow jeep in it for a very long time and I know its not in there. Is there some some way to erase it from the page that I don't know about. I've been thinking aboul leaving a note on the page telling everyone that its not there. I would not want someone to work so hard on that cache to get that bug and then be disappointed.
    What; Me Worry?

Try the TB Graveyard at GC72A8 where literally hundreds of missing TB's have been laid in their final resting place. The only problem with this is, I think you have to have the TB number to be able to do this. Remember to save the TB number someplace in case this happens.
    Last edited by Haffy; 07-08-2005 at 01:07 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Try the TB Graveyard at GC72A8 where literally hundreds on missing TB's have been laid in their final resting place.
    Trouble is... don't you have to have the TB number to move it? I know I have the duplicate tags for all the TB's we've placed marked with the TB name, but who kept track of the Jeep numbers! LOL!
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 07-08-2005 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Spelling errors, Oh My!

My fault. I had the only valid log on yellow Jeep #1001 that I placed in Dyslexics Nightmare, and didn't record the number. A week after I left it, RangerDoc posted a note saying he found it and was taking it to Georgia, but never posted the cache as a find, or removed the jeep from the cache. I'm not sure how to get rid of the jeep from the cache on the computer without the number. Is it stored in my info somewhere?

d’76 Guest

So does anyone know how to remove the tb from the web page. I don't think that it can be done. Maybe the cache owner should post that there is no jeep tb in there. However that makes it difficult when one does find it's way to a cache.

I found the jeep TB from Sudonim's cache history and got to the web page for that bug. Then I found a spot where the bug can be checked off as missing. I think that erases the bug from the cache page. It appears that anyone can report the bug as missing and have it disappear from the web page. Then keep the bug. I suspect Jeep would like have them floating around. The marketing idea is clearly sucessful as Jeep is runing the promotion for a second year.
    What; Me Worry?

d’76 Guest

Thumbs up

Great job Alex,

I just went to the GC.com web and theres no jeep there anymore!!

Thanks,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I placed 4 White Jeeps, and all are still accounted for. I think what happened - as I initially feared - is that some people placed Jeeps in caches without logging them so as to be a surprise to the finder. But with so many new cachers, who may not be familiar with the Jeep TB's, they are keeping them as souvenirs.

Just my "gut feeling"...

As many of us know why participated in last years "Jeep event", a lot of Jeeps went missing real fast...
    I still maintain that the fact Jeeps were placed unlogged makes little difference. I released all of Maine's 40 Jeeps last year, and I only logged 13 - all the others were handed to cachers unlogged or placed in caches unlogged. Most seemed to stick around a while. If someone wants a Jeep, they can take one from a cache without logging it out - it happens to other TBs all the time. And newer (or therwise unknowing) cachers can do this whether it is a Jeep TB or any other. This is one reason I am not a TB fan - there are too many opportunities for things to go wrong.

I think this year's Jeeps will not last as long on account of that many cachers have realized the collectability of the yellow Jeeps and don't want to miss out. And, if they didn't win a prize in last year's contest, they're more apt to say screw it and keep a Jeep this year for a prize.
    Last edited by brdad; 07-09-2005 at 05:08 AM.