vb:literal>

Thread: Mission 9 is gone..

Unhappy Mission 9 is gone..

I don't know how many here have been out to find the last US Project A.P.E. cache in Washington. It was recently stolen. Well yesterday the decision was made by Groundspeak to archive it. According to the WSGA there is talk of doing something for the hundreds that visit it each year. To add insult to injury the Snoqualmie Pass Tunnel was scheduled to reopen this summer for the first time in two years. I had the fortune to go there last year during our Geowoodstock trip. This will be one of those caches that will be talked about for awhile.
    Happy Trails!

I mentioned this in national chat last night. I wish we had made it out to get this one. It was the last of the ape caches in the U.S., and the next to the last in the world. The only remaining ape cache is in BrazIL.

For those unfamiliar with this cache, this is the link to the one that was archived:

Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (Project Ape)(Large) (GC1169) by Project APE (maintained by Moun10Bike) (1/3)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I am lucky that my daughter just lives in Seattle and we'll get to do the tunnel. I've been up to the APE cache twice. Does anyone remember the famous garden troll that tat decapitated? Well, I put that in the APE cache and the cache was muggled the day after. They think the troll took a flying leap over the edge of the mountain. Then Jon and I snow shoed up to it this past winter. We broke trail... fun, but tough. It will be sad to see this very popular cache archived.