vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early publication

Default Early publication

Interesting log entries. Not faulting CO, would like to hear opinions.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...4-cea834f3e86c
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Pam and I saw that one. My thought was that the CO just didn't realize he/she could uncheck the box to keep it from being published. I didn't look into how many caches found/placed by that CO though.

Default New CO

Looks like a new cacher. 29 finds, 2 hides.

Don't know if anyone else did, but I just sent a quick note to the CO telling them how to keep the cache from being published......for the next cache they do.

Looks like he/she isn't a member of GCM.org, so I posted an entry suggesting that they join and take advantage of the vast amount of geocaching experience represented here.

Unfortunately, there are lot of young cachers doing this sort of thing. I've been quietly and contructively sending notes to these cachers hoping to bring them along. The newest thing I've seen is a new group that don't post a single "letter" to their finds. Hate to sound like some of the old guard, but the game continue to evolve and not always in a good way.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Ah, we were all new once. I remember - thank goodness Mainiac1957 realized my cache couldn't be in the middle of the Penobscot River.

There are a couple of things which I hope this person gets resolved. They are not in Maine (so I hope there is someone local to maintain). The FTF "prize" is someone's Geocoin. I hope whoever is FTF realizes this is someone's coin - not theirs to keep and moves it along.

Ah yes, a lot to learn in this game but all may be accomplished with some kind mentoring and understanding. Years ago I would not have supported a minimum finds to publish a cache but as we move on in years I am leaning that way.

Sure don't envy the job of the publishers today. Thanks for all they do!

Just another person that does not fully understand all the features and capabilities of the web site. It's been that way since day one, there are just more people in the game now. Age or number of finds does not always make a difference, some people just interpret the game differently, and some just don't read the FAQs and guidelines...

A few days ago, a 73 year old man from VT came in to national chat and was having trouble finding his first cache. I've been talking with him and trying to help since - but without luck so far. It's great to see someone with the drive to keep trying. There is an event in his home town Saturday so hopefully he can hook up with some locals who can help. Lee and I were close to going to the event meet him directly. Anyway, we often do not know who is on the other end of any comments or criticisms...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

brdad that is very true about we don't know who.

Now, the funny story. After I published my first (which originally was a disaster!), I got an email from a couple of folks but Mainiac1957 was one, local and offered to help. He (I didn't know he was a he) offered to meet me near the coords, gave me his License Plate Number and so I was ready to be off - just like drive out of the driveway and meet this unknown person. Dang, I had lost my senses! Remember, my hubby's profession..........

I am all trusting. So, as I am about to innocently jump in my vehicle to meet an unknown person to fix, this, my first and most important cache - he (hubby) says to me: "Dear, do you mind if I ride with you? Do you really know who this person is? I think I would feel more comfortable to go with you!" Ok, so I let Ralph join me............

And we both gained life long friends (thanks Mainiac1957 and QuiltingMom too). But, it could have been different. You are right brdad - we do not know who is on the other end...........of whatever.............a great reminder!

Hope the cacher who posted the cache which started this thread gets it all sorted out............and your new chat person finds their 1st. Cache on - cache happy!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Just another person that does not fully understand all the features and capabilities of the web site. It's been that way since day one, there are just more people in the game now. Age or number of finds does not always make a difference, some people just interpret the game differently, and some just don't read the FAQs and guidelines...

A few days ago, a 73 year old man from VT came in to national chat and was having trouble finding his first cache. I've been talking with him and trying to help since - but without luck so far. It's great to see someone with the drive to keep trying. There is an event in his home town Saturday so hopefully he can hook up with some locals who can help. Lee and I were close to going to the event meet him directly. Anyway, we often do not know who is on the other end of any comments or criticisms...

Thanks to those who've proffered their opinions and thoughts and to those who contacted the CO. This activity...really in it's infancy...is evolving with participants entering and leaving in the blink of an eye and I think at times, that many miss out on the "mentorship" of experienced cachers, much as Hollora mentions. Then there are those who remain a foundation of the activity and give back. Kinda' what makes the caching world go 'round.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.