vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Cache Logs (Topic moved from 'Early Publication' thread)

Default Short Cache Logs (Topic moved from 'Early Publication' thread)

Unfortunately, there are lot of young cachers doing this sort of thing. I've been quietly and contructively sending notes to these cachers hoping to bring them along. The newest thing I've seen is a new group that don't post a single "letter" to their finds. Hate to sound like some of the old guard, but the game continue to evolve and not always in a good way.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-21-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

we got a log recently that said this: "ok"

that was it...sigh...oh well i just ASSUME he had a good time while getting it LOL

dissapointing to read but its "ok" if thats the way he wants to play hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I got a log recently that said just this: Pillow. Reading other logs by this same cacher were all just as odd as that. I sent a note just asking what they meant by that and of course never heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I got a log recently that said just this: Pillow. Reading other logs by this same cacher were all just as odd as that. I sent a note just asking what they meant by that and of course never heard back.
    Apparently your cache put the poor guy/gal to sleep and he/she was just asking for a pillow to rest his/her head upon.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Apparently your cache put the poor guy/gal to sleep and he/she was just asking for a pillow to rest his/her head upon.
    Ha, that is a neat idea. Describe the cache in one word.

Bugs!
    Mud!
    Woohoo!
    Zzzzzz
    WTF?
    Brrrrrrrrrrr
    Ticks!
    Cool!
    Again?
    Wicked!
    Why?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

Bugs!
    Mud!
    Woohoo!
    Zzzzzz
    WTF?
    Brrrrrrrrrrr
    Ticks!
    Cool!
    Again?
    Wicked!
    Why?

And for the DNF "WHERE?".

You forgot one,

BEER!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

Bugs!
    Mud!
    Woohoo!
    Zzzzzz
    WTF?
    Brrrrrrrrrrr
    Ticks!
    Cool!
    Again?
    Wicked!
    Why?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Let's not encourgage one word logs as unfortunately, that seems to be all that a lot of the new cachers can muster. Any newbies reading this, at a minimum show the manners your parents taught you and log a "thank you" to the person that placed the cache you sought out....it's the right thing to do. If you can't manage that, maybe you're in the wrong game because that's the easy and right thing to do!

I am with Dan on this one. I may not write a book on a PNG but I try to get at least a couple of sentences in there. The better the cache experience the more I am likely to write. I started this early on and was encouraged by a certain caching lawyer to keep it up. I try to do the same and when I get a nice log entry from someone I usually respond with a thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Let's not encourgage one word logs as unfortunately, that seems to be all that a lot of the new cachers can muster. Any newbies reading this, at a minimum show the manners your parents taught you and log a "thank you" to the person that placed the cache you sought out....it's the right thing to do. If you can't manage that, maybe you're in the wrong game because that's the easy and right thing to do!
    you mean that you expect more than one word from the people of the texting abreviated generation? why write a book when 1/2 a word will do? just kidding, actually I started a year ago now without anyone saying anything about logs to me and most were short "thanks for the cache " statements. then I found one that ment a lot to me and made me wish that my father-in-law was still here to find it with me, which I put in my log, ( WWII -POW camp) and I got a note from Hollara that made me realize my comments might mean something to the Cache owner, Thanks by the way I still have that E-mail. but it took that and being here on the website ( which I found through an article in the paper, either KJ or SJ) to make me understand what log entries mean to people. And now that I have over 100 finds I think I can hide a cache soon that will not be to goofy.